Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Artillian Acquired by Curtis Industries

1. Top | #51
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manomet View Post
    I am a lot more concerned about Chris's health than a glitch in the supply chain. He has been a devoted driving force behind his company since he started. To be forced to make this drastic change and obviously not be well enough to make this smoother is troubling. Curtis didn't buy his company to let it fail. If your need for forks is too great to wait then move on and let this sort itself out on someone else's time. Let's just all hope Chris pulls through and can become involved once again or at least have a quality of life we all strive for. Best of all to Chris.
    Hi All,

Chris here, the newest GTT member.

Thanks Mr. Manomet. I've been down for the count for a bit but I'm getting back into the swing. And thanks to everyone for your words of friendship. Between my world class doctors and awesome wife, I couldn't be getting better care. Actually, I'm pretty sure my wife is the hired thug of my doctors, but let's keep that between us. If she knew I said that, she might force even more pills into me.

----------

For those with delayed orders, please know that the new-and-improved-Artillian has multiple people working full time toward getting each pending order shipped. There are multiple steps required to happen, which is driving the delay.

For whatever it's worth, there have been many times over the years when we would run out of stock on something and it would take 4 weeks or more to resupply for orders to ship out. I'm sure some people on here can attest to that. So, a delay in shipping product is nothing new. The difference here is that an entire company is being absorbed into another and it is just taking some time to get all of the gears turning again.

In case it wasn't noticed, an update was posted here:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ndustries.html
    Gizmo2, ralphtt, pcabe5 and 8 others like this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C-Range For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (03-09-2017), Haze (03-12-2017), Manomet (03-09-2017), pcabe5 (03-09-2017), rtgt (03-09-2017), Superglidesport (03-09-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #52
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Glad to hear you are on the mend!
    pcabe5, rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    2009 2520 200cx loader 46 Back Hoe 403 Rotary Cutter Artillian forks + 54" Snowblower
    1995 455 w/60" deck

5. Top | #53

Last Online
    06-20-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Thanks
    The company that now owns Artillian has had a great lack of communication. If it takes a month to get the product distributed again, then communicate that. Don't tell me it's going to ship last Wednesday, last Friday, this past Tuesday... There are people who are getting the run-around, and this is not a good start for the new ownership. I prefer honesty over false hope. Please remember that this is a new company now. It's Curtis, not Artillian. New and improved is yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Troutgeek; 03-09-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    2016 -- 2025R Tractor w/ iMatch. H130 FEL.
    BB2060 Box Blade, PB1001 Bottom Plow, PM1001 Middle Buster, RC2060 Rotary Cutter,
    Artillian 36" Forks, Artillian Front-Hoe Bucket,
    WoodMaxx TM-86H Wood Chipper, Edge Tamers, Ratchet Rake.
    2015 -- Z920M Mower.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #54
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Making Progress.

Thank you for your confidence in us at Artillian and Curtis. I met with Chris here yesterday and we are making good progress. I understand that some customer are not in a position to wait, and honestly we have missed targeted shipping dates during this transition and I apologize to you for this. We are working very,very hard to get caught up. Please feel free to continue calling and emailing me for your shipping information. We value you as a customer, and need to satisfy your needs!!

Thanks,
    Peter Virtue
    508-459-4394
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (03-09-2017), pcabe5 (03-09-2017)

9. Top | #55

Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manomet View Post
    I am a lot more concerned about Chris's health than a glitch in the supply chain. He has been a devoted driving force behind his company since he started. To be forced to make this drastic change and obviously not be well enough to make this smoother is troubling. Curtis didn't buy his company to let it fail. If your need for forks is too great to wait then move on and let this sort itself out on someone else's time. Let's just all hope Chris pulls through and can become involved once again or at least have a quality of life we all strive for. Best of all to Chris.
    The frustration a few of us have expressed has nothing to do with Chris (who I admit I do not know beyond an email I received back in January). As the spouse of a cancer survivor I know the importance of health above all other things! I chose to post on this thread because its title indicated it was about the Acquisition.

The issue is that Curtis has a responsibility to their new customers. The vague message about transition on the web site is less than informative, emails go unanswered for days, and when we do mange to get an update, we are provided incorrect information. I am complaining about a company failing to deliver.

At this point I will stew over the fact that I scheduled time off from work based on the initial promised delivery dates and just let it all play out.
    BigJim55 and Troutgeek like this.

10. Top | #56

Last Online
    01-11-2019 @ 01:02 PM
    Thanks
    WOW I just saw this thread. I hope all is well Chris and I hope Curtis listens to the customers as much as you did. I would say most your products came as a collaboration with your customers and may I say what great products they are. I guess my trips up 146 to pick up products will be just a bit further.

I hope you are doing well Chris and hope the medical problems clear up and you are back in the woods on your JD.
    Gizmo2, dieselshadow and bmichael like this.

11. Top | #57
    Last Online
    02-06-2019 @ 05:50 PM
    Thanks

We live in a free market system where you put your best foot forward and the market decides who will thrive and who will not. There are a variety of choices and price points for a reason. Asking the more refined section of the supply to aim for the cheaper price to meet all buyers needs is a bit like asking Hyundai, Ford and Mercedes Benz to all sell their products for the same price. Sometimes it's worth paying more for something in your mind because it has added features or a potential to last longer or it is better engineered etc. Look at the overall product and decide for yourself how to spend your money, not how much the other guy needs to sell his product for.

Very well put. I will always spend extra for better quality. Also, if it's American made, I try to buy it. I'm a fabricator/ metal worker and I always consider this. The more American products we buy, the more those factories will need to be upgraded, rebuilt, added on to, etc. and I have worked at a bunch of different types of factories that make a variety of products. Who would have thought that buying Phillips light bulbs would provide me with a job, but it did. So, all that to say, as long as I can afford it, I will buy American and/or the better built product. Also, to the root of this thread(I think) Chris, I pray for a quick and full recovery.
    Last edited by Kennyd; 10-31-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    ,Sleepy- "Living the dream!" -- 2017 2032R w/ loader and backhoe; JD Z930M 60"

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6