I had cleared an area, intending to build a small shed for some yard equipment, but ran out of time before getting serious (winter is coming...). The Shelter Logic 20x12 round top "Garage in a box" is a quick fix so I can get the offending items out of the tractor storage shed so I can bring the 3038e back from the acreage before snow gets to be an issue. We picked it up up as a 25% off Black Friday item at the local Tractor Supply.
This is the area I had cleared, in the pic I'm using the 1025R to move in some fill to address the slope. I built it up with the material I could source on site, then later got a load of gravel to finish with area prep.
This is where some of the fill came from, a berm by an old logging road bed that I wanted cut down for a path to a corner pin anyway.
After using the readily available material, I ordered 7 tons of crusher run to finish the prep work. It got delivered just hours before a brief snow event, I spread a bit right after delivery to reduce the amount of mud I'd have when I distributed the rest later.
The Shelter Logic box weighed about 192 lb., most of that weight was the metal frame components. They suggest having 2 or 3 people do the assembly, but I found it can pretty much be done by a single person, but help is a good thing. I off loaded it from the truck with the 1025R bucket & set it on the car hauler to do inventory & separate out the various parts.
I did some partial assembly of the arches there at the trailer, then moved them out to the site to finish turning them into the 6 12x8 ribs that make up the bulk of the structure.
Getting the first couple tipped up & connected with the longitudinal stringers was a bit of a pain - would have been easier with a helper.
Then it was just a matter of tipping up the rest, one at a time & attaching the stringers.
With the structure up & double checked for square I had to twist in 6 30" long augers as anchors. The end panels were the next step. A strap inside a perimeter pocket gets cranked tight with strap ratchets to pinch the panel around the end arch.
Once both end panels were in place, the cover could be pulled into place. Sorry no pics of the process, the wife came out to lend a hand & wouldn't have appreciated my stopping to do pics.
The ends of the cover have the same kind of strap/perimeter pocket arrangement that allows you to cinch the ends over the outside arches. You can see the ratchets at the bottom corners.
Not shown, but the final main steps were to clamp tubes running through pockets along the cover near the bottom edge to the vertical rib tubes. The clamps are similar to what you see used with chain link fence installations. With the bottom stringers finished, steel cables were used to tie the structure to the anchor augers.
The end panels have a tube inserted in a pocket across the bottom & a couple of grommets that are used to make it possible to "roll up" the unzipped doors like a window blind. A couple of cleats were added inside to tie them off.
That pretty much finished the job. Now I just need to get things moved around.