Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Home for my 2018 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    New hampshire,"The Granite State": where we grow rocks
    Thanks

Home for my 2018 1025R

Well I've had my Scut for about 10 days now, and those darn birds like it too much. My water bill will get pretty expensive if I don't get a shed built pretty soon. That or you won't see the green under all the white $&I%. So today I decided to clear out the area where the pool used to be and mark my corners. Took most of the day but my diaginals are only off 1 in for a 20 X 20 shed. Close enough for site work. Will try and tweak it when I put the forms in for the concrete floor. Now to talk to the planning board and get a permit (I hope they're not too picky over such a small shed. Oh yeah also have to get some estimates for concrete work, getting to old to do that grunt work. Will try to post pictures as it comes along for anyone who might be interested
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180624_162850.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    looks good but is 20x20 large enough?? you never have to much room...
    mjncad, Gizmo2, Levi and 6 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    I'm with drifterbike, I would go bigger if you can afford it. Mine is 24 x 48 and I'm out of room!
    Levi, BigJim55, ky_shawn and 2 others like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Thanks
    I built a 30x40 and it looked huge when I laid out the pad. Then I put up the building and I wish I had at least gone 10' larger in both directions. I added a shed roof on one side and that helped with getting some implements outside and out of the rain/sun. Go larger if you can swing it.
    Gizmo2, Levi, wentonbrown and 4 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    No matter what size you get, make sure the door/s are big enough. Good luck.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, keane and 6 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    No matter what size you get, make sure the door/s are big enough. Good luck.
    Got that right

And high enough doors so that you can get in with your tractor and the roll bar all the way up.
    Last edited by Auguste; 06-25-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    mjncad, Levi, keane and 5 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I agree with others on the size but also understand that doesn't grow on trees. I would make it with stipulations for an addition in the future but definitely what Levi said, give yourself a nice high door to eliminate the ROPS/garage door battle.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogero246 View Post
    Well I've had my Scut for about 10 days now, and those darn birds like it too much. My water bill will get pretty expensive if I don't get a shed built pretty soon. That or you won't see the green under all the white $&I%. So today I decided to clear out the area where the pool used to be and mark my corners. Took most of the day but my diaginals are only off 1 in for a 20 X 20 shed. Close enough for site work. Will try and tweak it when I put the forms in for the concrete floor. Now to talk to the planning board and get a permit (I hope they're not too picky over such a small shed. Oh yeah also have to get some estimates for concrete work, getting to old to do that grunt work. Will try to post pictures as it comes along for anyone who might be interested
    Waaa? You need a permit for a shed? Lol
    I remember my FIL going to town of Hill, NH and asking about permits and inspections for his cabin. They were like "inspections for what? You're gonna live in it." lol
    Last edited by blue87fj60; 06-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Gizmo2, Levi, wentonbrown and 2 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    New hampshire,"The Granite State": where we grow rocks
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Waaa? You need a permit for a shed? Lol
    I remember my FIL going to town of Hill, NH and asking about permits and inspections for his cabin. They were like "inspections for what? You're gonna live in it." lol
    YEAH in the big city you need a permit to insure that you get taxed on building. When I was in Allentown I checked with town planning board about an addition to home and was told "Just let me know when it's done ". Different ways for different places.
    Gizmo2, Levi, blue87fj60 and 3 others like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    I built a 20x20 shed for my 1026R (also excavated with that 1026R). I made the doors tall enough for the 1026R with ROPS, but they are just a little low for a 2038R. I wish, looking back, that I had made them taller (as tall as possible, really) for future expansion and/or resale. I’m going to move my door headers up into the gable area (right above the top plate of the wall), gotta love the fact that gable ends aren’t really load bearing. =)

I’ll also say that 20x20 gets eaten up really fast. I thought I’d have all kinds of room. “The tractor is only 4 ft wide” I said (which was wrong with the backhoe... the stabilizers stick out a couple inches on each side). “It’s only 16ft long (with FEL/backhoe)” I said. “That’s room in front and tons of room off to the side”.... but no. You want some room all around the tractor to access things, so 20’ is basically filled front/back once you add 2ft of clear space all the way around. And you really have only the other half extra, which gets filled really fast once you dump a couple implements onto casters. I wish I’d made the shed a little larger... even 24x24. I’ll admit that I suppose I’d be telling you that 30x30 would have been nice if I’d built it 24x24...

But still, I wish I’d done 24x24 so that there was more room behind the tractor when it’s parked with stuff on it and I want to work on it with the doors closed. And sometime soon I will have to raise the door headers and redo that for a larger tractor so that I don’t join the “I hit the top of the door” club (which I know I would) when I upgrade to a 2038r.
    Levi, wentonbrown and Robnik like this.
    1026R TLB (53", Artillian diverter, Ken's Hooks), 260BH (thumb, step), 60D MMM, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, land plane, tiller, aerator, Artillian forks, 50" wicked grapple
    IS700z (27HP B&S commercial, 61” deck)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast