• 2 Post By JimR

Thread: Shed sizes

1. Top | #1
    JJJ

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks

Shed sizes

Hello all I live in Plymouth ma and buying a tractor soon. I love the 1025r for my yard and all but the 2032r would definitely compliment my small business. So I have to questions?
    1. Is the 2032 r worth the extra 10,000 for tlb?
    2. What is the common shed or garage space for ether of these great machines.
    Thank you will be buying within the next month so any and all comments are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Joshua

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Hello all I live in Plymouth ma and buying a tractor soon. I love the 1025r for my yard and all but the 2032r would definitely compliment my small business. So I have to questions?
    1. Is the 2032 r worth the extra 10,000 for tlb?
    2. What is the common shed or garage space for ether of these great machines.
    Thank you will be buying within the next month so any and all comments are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Joshua
    40 x 60 seems to last for a little while but is still eventually filled up with the tractor and implements.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks
    Welcome.

Build the biggest shed you can afford or have space for. You’ll fill it up. These tractors have lots of goodies that you can attach to them. You can never have to much space.

I built a 40X30 garage and it’s full. I should have built it bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Levi, Robnik and nastorino like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Thanks
    I think it's up to you to decide if the extra $10k is worth it. If it can make you money, versus something that will just sit at the house and be used for projects, the $10k difference might not be a huge factor. I wish I had gone with the 2032R or 3 series, but I had my own pros and cons with either (cost vs attachments vs practicality analysis), and overall I've been happy with my 1025R.

As for shed size, I have mine in a 12x20 canvas shed currently. I can't drive in the door with the ROPS up, which is fine because I never have the thing up anyway. I find it's enough space for me, but I don't have a huge list of attachments yet.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

7. Top | #5
    GSM

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome.

Of course bigger is always better but you have to ask yourself how much hassle & cash do you want to invest? I see you're in Plymouth and I'm up on the North Shore. Most Mass towns will let you build a 200 sq ft shed without a permit. So that would be a 12x16. 1 sq/ft beyond that and you get into the full permitting process that can include wetlands, registered surveys, various inspections, etc.

I'm building a shed from the 1025 I just purchased and I'm planning on 12x16 on a poured pad, but then adding an open 8' lean-to on the back and one side. Lean-to's don't count in the footage of the structure. So I'll effectively end up with 20x24 of usable space. The lean-to will let me park implements in those locations but keep the pieces out of the weather.

Good luck.
    Zebrafive, Levi, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    Glenn

Deere 1025R, w/120R loader & 260B backhoe
    Sabre w/46" blade
    47 blower
    Innovative Tractor Attachments Grapple
    Clamp-on toothbar
    4P cart

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    All I can offer is build as big as you can afford and have space for. Make sure you have a cement floor and air tight.
    Robnik likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    As others have said, but;d the biggest shed you are able.
    I have mine in a detached garage and I put in some steel rack shelving for the implements I have bought so far.
    If I had my time back I would have made my garage door opening taller but When it was built I didn’t have a tractor so it wasn’t a thought at the time.
    I wanted a cab on any tractor I bought and the 1025R with a cab just fits through my door.
    I was about to buy a 2038r but with the cab it was too tall to fit in the door and I wanted to be able to get it in my heated garage to work on and so on.

So, my advice to you is consider making the shed opening tall enough to let you clear a cab or rops for ease of entry/exit.

Also, about your question? Get the tractor you really want. If you really want the 2 series and can afford it then go for it.
    So far I like my 1025 but I am sure I would have liked the 2038 just fine too with the excavation and landscaping I am doing on my property.
    Levi likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB, Tektite cab, Edge tamers, JD 54" QH snowblower, JD 54” QH Snow blade, iMatch quick hitch, HLA 42" pallet forks, Bxpanded thumb/quick connect/ripper hook/trencher bucket/backhoe receiver hitch/toothbar. Ken’s hooks, diff. lock foot plate, seat springs and twin backhoe foot pegs. Extra set of rims with Turfs
    2016 D160, Bagger, JD tow spreader, 17P cart, JD tow Thatcherator, JD tow Aerator

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    First off: from Berlin, MA.

I park my 2032R (1st generation) in a 12' x 30' garage. The tractor fits fine but there isn't adequate space for all of the implements. But honestly, it seems like no matter what size barn'shed people have, there NEVER enough space for implements. For a lot of people in this area, this becomes a game of "What can I get away with before I have to fight with building codes and zoning.".

I opted for the 2032r over the 1025R just for the ground clearance factor just because I use my machine in the woods a lot. If "lawn/yard" maintenance was my primary use, I think the 1025R is better suited for that. If your primary use is more digging/ground engaging and lifting, then bigger is better.
    Levi and Stablenickers like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements