Can these Jokers really build a shed that big? - Page 68
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Like Tree6548Likes

Thread: Can these Jokers really build a shed that big?

1. Top | #671
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    I did my ceiling as well and it was a long process. We had a system that worked ok but I am not sure how it would work at 16’. I will look for some photos. No matter it is heavy and awkward work.

Good thing is after this everything gets easier.

This is a John Deere barge box that we built a frame in. We would c-clamp down one side of the 2x4’s to the top rail, then put the steel up on it and slide it out over the other edge like a cantilever so it was very close to the ceiling. From there we could work off of ladders or in your case the lift.

I think we used that plan after trying to work off of the wagon floor, the good part was we could set it on the 2x4s and then roll them to the higher side and it would hold them at the ceiling but I think the height was akward.

However this is 6’ lower than yours. Although you could build a frame off the man lift. Screw down one end and move enough to get to the next rafter. or get another man lift Looking at your lift you might be able to reach two rafters. If your steel is like mine it spans two though.
    Gee Glenn, I don't understand. I can give you 85 tries to teach us if you stop by. You are correct the panels cover just over 2 trusses.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 4 others like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #672
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:11 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    Gee Glenn, I don't understand. I can give you 85 tries to teach us if you stop by. You are correct the panels cover just over 2 trusses.
    Probably would have to bring my own wagon too.
    Gizmo2, MDrew, rtgt and 3 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #673
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I got the door opener fixed tonight As the right side was coming down the transition front the horizontal to the vertical was a little too wide causing the roller shaft to have to move in. That caused it to bind just enough to stop the opener. Moved the horizontal in about an inch and bango, a working opener.

2 tornadoes last night both about 10 miles from the farm on either side of it. Just 1 big branch down and nothing with the shed. Maybe my luck is changing.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 5 others like this.
    Mike

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #674
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Guess I was wrong, there was a tornado about a half mile from the farm.

National Weather Service: EF-1 rated tornado touched down in Jefferson County | FOX6Now.com
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    Mike

7. Top | #675
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 830 Posts
    10 miles, ok.

1 mile. Too close.

Glad your shed is still there.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 6 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

8. Top | #676
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    10 miles, ok.

1 mile. Too close.

X2
    DRobinson, rtgt, rydplrs and 5 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #677
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    10 miles, ok.

1 mile. Too close.

You're glad. I can't imagine starting over even hiring it done. And no one here would want to read all that whining. Bad enough now.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, rtgt and 7 others like this.
    Mike

10. Top | #678
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Put new batteries in the lift. Man those suckers are heavy. 65 lbs each and nothing to grab on to.

Then I worked on the condensation plastic at the roof. I dropped the roll from about 14 feet up. Slippery I tell ya. Funny thing is before crossing over the lower boards, I thought I should just cut it to make it easier to pass the roll over the 2 boards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	708134

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	708136
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 7 others like this.
    Mike

11. Top | #679
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I continue to learn. $500 and 4 new batteries and the lift never needs a break to recharge. That excuse is out the window. I bought moderately priced batteries, I shouldn't need them for the full one year warranty.

Don't use the buy online and pick up in store with Batteries Plus. I tried it, my Lord that was extra stupid. An hour after I placed the order I went to the store. The store is about 40 miles from home. The guy says the order hasn't come through yet. He doesn't know why, but it should come through in the next few minutes. Hmmm, if you don't know why, then what makes you think it's coming soon?

I saw the batteries on a display in the front window. How about we cancel that order and I just buy the batteries, I'll forgo the 10% discount, I just need the batteries. Nope can't cancel the order, don't have it yet. the batteries are in the back and I have a weight restriction because of my bad back. No problem I'll lift them for ya. No it's a mess back there. What about these on display? Oh, those are the display batteries. Yeah they could be my new lift batteries. If you wait your order should come through any minute and Travis will be here to get the batteries.

I'm starting to look around for Allen Funt, I'm thinking there ain't no way this is real, it's got to be a hidden camera thing. Travis shows up, my order comes through, now all I have to do is drive around back to pick up my batteries. Ok, I park out back, drop the tailgate. The dopey clerk comes out, Travis brings one of the 70 pound batteries out carrying with a strap made for lifting them. He sets it on the ground about 10 feet from my truck. I rock it back and forth and finally get it up and put it in the truck. Travis finally comes out with the other battery. He's about to put it on the ground and I said why don't you just put that right in the truck. He looked at me like I just killed his mother and put it in the truck. I shall never return to Batteries Plus in Janesville.

Well, the 2 batteries didn't make it much better. Sunday I decided to buy 2 more. Being cheap didn't pay off. I went to Batteries Plus in Waukesha, 2 batteries in and out in less than 10 minutes.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 7 others like this.
    Mike

12. Top | #680
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    I continue to learn. $500 and 4 new batteries and the lift never needs a break to recharge. That excuse is out the window. I bought moderately priced batteries, I shouldn't need them for the full one year warranty.

Don't use the buy online and pick up in store with Batteries Plus. I tried it, my Lord that was extra stupid. An hour after I placed the order I went to the store. The store is about 40 miles from home. The guy says the order hasn't come through yet. He doesn't know why, but it should come through in the next few minutes. Hmmm, if you don't know why, then what makes you think it's coming soon?

I saw the batteries on a display in the front window. How about we cancel that order and I just buy the batteries, I'll forgo the 10% discount, I just need the batteries. Nope can't cancel the order, don't have it yet. the batteries are in the back and I have a weight restriction because of my bad back. No problem I'll lift them for ya. No it's a mess back there. What about these on display? Oh, those are the display batteries. Yeah they could be my new lift batteries. If you wait your order should come through any minute and Travis will be here to get the batteries.

I'm starting to look around for Allen Funt, I'm thinking there ain't no way this is real, it's got to be a hidden camera thing. Travis shows up, my order comes through, now all I have to do is drive around back to pick up my batteries. Ok, I park out back, drop the tailgate. The dopey clerk comes out, Travis brings one of the 70 pound batteries out carrying with a strap made for lifting them. He sets it on the ground about 10 feet from my truck. I rock it back and forth and finally get it up and put it in the truck. Travis finally comes out with the other battery. He's about to put it on the ground and I said why don't you just put that right in the truck. He looked at me like I just killed his mother and put it in the truck. I shall never return to Batteries Plus in Janesville.

Well, the 2 batteries didn't make it much better. Sunday I decided to buy 2 more. Being cheap didn't pay off. I went to Batteries Plus in Waukesha, 2 batteries in and out in less than 10 minutes.
    That wasn't funny but it made me laugh. I could picture the whole scene.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, rydplrs and 4 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 LastLast