Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Carports and More (Business) U.S Wide

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

Carports and More (Business) U.S Wide

Has anyone used this company? https://carportsandmore.com/
    I'm interested in hearing any and all feedback, positive or negative.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Carports & More
    (AKA/DBA) Coast to Coast Carports Inc

05/23/2018. I ordered a 20 x 20 x 8, 3-side, enclosed Parking Cover. 10% deposit. Minimum wait time of 10 weeks (if you're lucky) before you get scheduled for installation.

Meanwhile, the area I was having it installed, was leveled and concrete was poured.
    The concrete had long cured enough for installation.

09/10/2018. I received a call on to schedule the install on 09/15/2018.

09/12/2018 I received a call to cancel/reschedule the install for 09/16/2018. I was told the crew would arrive between 9am - 10am.

09/16/2018. Time come and passed. No show. No calls saying they were going to be late, or otherwise. Not happy at all. At 4:35pm I get a call. To my surprise it was the installation crew heading our way. They eventually arrived at 5:30pm. A little late for my liking. They got right on it laying out the framing, which was all standing two hours later. They were done for the night, and left their trailer there.

09/17/2018. The crew arrived at 8:30am. They got right to work. By 3:30pm I was signing the paperwork and handing them the balance owed.
    The installers were a crew of three. Out of Hermiston, OR.
    They did a nice job.

I walked around and picked up a pound or so of screws with my magnet, and some small bits of sheet metal here and there.

Note:
    There are plenty of negative reviews out there to be found. I found them, after placing my order and giving a deposit. My installation was playing out very similar to many others. Just remember, a salesman has no control over the manufacturing plant. They are the middle man. Don't believe everything you read.

I figured to share my own personal experience. Just in case someone out there is looking for feedback.
    My review is of my own personal views and dealings. I receive no compensation whatsoever.
    Last edited by Boonie; 09-19-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 8 others like this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boonie For This Useful Post:

Treefarmer(09-20-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:16 AM
    Thanks
    Wheres the pics?
    Levi, BigJim55, Marlin and 3 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be of use to someone on here. If not several people looking for this type of building.
    Last edited by Robnik; 09-19-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    BigJim55, Marlin and blue87fj60 like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Wheres the pics?

atta boy there-get on Boonie--tell him the rules--no pics it didn't happeni like it u was first-as DRobinson said i ask everyone for pics--
    DRobinson, Levi, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Carports & More
    (AKA/DBA) Coast to Coast Carports Inc

05/23/2018. I ordered a 20 x 20 x 8, 3-side, enclosed Parking Cover. 10% deposit. Minimum wait time of 10 weeks (if you're lucky) before you get scheduled for installation.

Meanwhile, the area I was having it installed, was leveled and concrete was poured.
    The concrete had long cured enough for installation.

09/10/2018. I received a call on to schedule the install on 09/15/2018.

09/12/2018 I received a call to cancel/reschedule the install for 09/16/2018. I was told the crew would arrive between 9am - 10am.

09/16/2018. Time come and passed. No show. No calls saying they were going to be late, or otherwise. Not happy at all. At 4:35pm I get a call. To my surprise it was the installation crew heading our way. They eventually arrived at 5:30pm. A little late for my liking. They got right on it laying out the framing, which was all standing two hours later. They were done for the night, and left their trailer there.

09/17/2018. The crew arrived at 8:30am. They got right to work. By 3:30pm I was signing the paperwork and handing them the balance owed.
    The installers were a crew of three. Out of Hermiston, OR.
    They did a nice job.

I walked around and picked up a pound or so of screws with my magnet, and some small bits of sheet metal here and there.

Note:
    There are plenty of negative reviews out there to be found. I found them, after placing my order and giving a deposit. My installation was playing out very similar to many others. Just remember, a salesman has no control over the manufacturing plant. They are the middle man. Don't believe everything you read.

I figured to share my own personal experience. Just in case someone out there is looking for feedback.
    My review is of my own personal views and dealings. I receive no compensation whatsoever.
    Sounds like my experience with Carolina Carports. Overall, I would recommend them to someone. Our 24 x 36 garage is doing what we needed. Like your experience, Bonnie, our garage was up in about six hours.
    Levi, BigJim55, Marlin and 3 others like this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    atta boy there-get on Boonie--tell him the rules--no pics it didn't happeni like it u was first-as DRobinson said i ask everyone for pics--
    Haha. Oh, it did happen. I know the, rules? I wanna see the fine print for this here forum. I contest, dang ya'll.
    This company, Coast to Coast Carports. Make sure you look into them and their history background extensively, before you find things aren't as you had expected. There's plenty of reviews (more bad than good) all over the internet and the BBB. They hire illegal aliens (I'm being politically correct for the sake of other members and the rules) to do the work. What I read of their business practices, they're shady. After placing my order and waiting, the 10 week "get a call to schedule an install date" was a game of many sent emails, phone calls to the salesman, other people in the middle that reiterated what I'd already spoke to the salesman about, and/or "we don't know" types of answers. The company manufacturing the structure has 6 months install grace period right in the contract. Given all I learned after placing the order, I cringed, thinking our plans would not get fulfilled. So when I got the initial phone call for the install date, I was very apprehensive it would come to fruition.

All in all, the ordeal with all said and done, it went a heck of a lot better than what I expected, given what I read, and the videos I watch on Youtube.
    Best I can tell anyone, do your research. When you think you're comfortable, research some more.

I think this Coast to Coast Carports, are a huge piece of every carport business throughout the United States. No matter the state, or the subsidiary name of the business found local to you. I may be wrong. But it's like appliance manufacturers. It's just a name.

Like I say, do your do diligence and get educated before you get let-down.
    I was a finish carpenter for 28 years. I see things. I told the Lead I was a picky SOB.
    The whole install, I was watching them like a fly is to a fresh pile. They did a nice job.
    My only peeve, I would have liked to see matching screw heads to the panel colors.

Pay no mind to the lines in the image. I was caught off-guard on the install date happening without advanced notice. I still need to get the drain pipe in the ground next to the footings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drainage.jpg
    Last edited by Boonie; 09-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    IndianaJim, Levi, Jeff R. and 4 others like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boonie For This Useful Post:

BigJim55(09-20-2018)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    Seems like a long wait time, usually doesn't take that long here but there are lots of dealers and manufacturers in Texas for these carports, buildings, trailers, etc. I bought a 24 x 41 building last year and it took about 4 weeks, they said normally would be 1 - 2 weeks but they had a shortage of something at the time which was delaying things.

I bought from this company mainly because we had bought my wife's golf cart from them earlier and liked dealing with them. Not sure if they deal out of state or not.

Texas Steel

They used several sub-contractors for their buildings, mine came from this one which is local.

C&H Carports

When they called to schedule they said the guys would be here between 7:00 and 8:00 am. They rolled in about 7:30 am, 3 guys, and immediately went to work.

Here's a few pics.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	p1.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	649192

These guys were hard workers, barely stopping for lunch that they brought with them.

Name:	p2.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	649194

Name:	p3.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	649196

Name:	p4.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	649198

IIRC they were finished around 4:00 or 4:30 in the afternoon, including cleaning up around the site.

Name:	p5.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	649200

Name:	p6.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	649202
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 7 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:16 AM
    Thanks
    Wow, that is so bizarre! I followed a dodge pulling the exact same trailer as that last week in my town . I mean exactly! I think it may have only had two roll up doors on it though. I remember thinking that it was pretty slick how they designed a trailer to hold all those building parts and then slide the back in when it was unloaded. I can't remember the tag on it, but it wasn't local.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Can these metal garages be insulated and have electric ran inside? Also, is the wind load comparable to a stick built garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, mark02tj, Marlin and 1 others like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast