• 2 Post By BillieS
  • 1 Post By drynoc

Thread: Fix the patio

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks

Fix the patio

Attached you see the current shed on our property. You'll note that the ground under the patio appears to be eroding. What to do (other than tear it up and start over)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0916181736.jpg   0916181736a.jpg   0916181736b.jpg   0916181737.jpg  
    Gizmo2 and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    Tearing out would be my last resort.

I would try bringing the ground up around that patio section, like the ground you have built up to the garage door you drive in/out of. Then make it a gentle slope away, to still shed water away, but not a river rapid.

Do you know if that patio is pinned to the concrete footing of the building? That will help it from breaking off.

Another idea is to pour another step around patio so it will be a step or 2 to go from ground to patio.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 2 others like this.
    2018 1025R FIL 120R with Mauser Cab
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    BB2048L Box Blade
    AP10F 42" Pallet Fork
    AV20F 53" Root Grapple
    54" Front Snow Blower

4. Top | #3
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Build the ground back up and install gutters. Water coming off the roof looks to be the culprit.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and Herminator like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    I would pack sand under and around it then build the area back up. Hopefully as it settles more of the gaps will be filled.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks
    I agree with Big. Filling back to level would just patch the problem. Your actual problem is there is no gutter on the roof to direct the water from the foundation. Put a gutter up, re-fill the sides packing down the dirt as you go, plant grass you should be good. I am not a landscaper but I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night, does that count?
    mark02tj and Herminator like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, guys. Why would I not fill up underneath it with gravel of some kind rather than sand? I don't know if the patio is pinned to the building - it is inherited. It needs work: previous owner drilled holes in the walls for various purposes and some siding is loose. It also has no power - I think the guy who demolished the pool also killed the power to the shed. Something else I am working on.

BillieS, for it to count you have to have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but you can have a pass this time.
    BillieS likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drynoc View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Why would I not fill up underneath it with gravel of some kind rather than sand? I don't know if the patio is pinned to the building - it is inherited. It needs work: previous owner drilled holes in the walls for various purposes and some siding is loose. It also has no power - I think the guy who demolished the pool also killed the power to the shed. Something else I am working on.

BillieS, for it to count you have to have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but you can have a pass this time.
    You can form out around the concrete area with a pressure treated border maybe a few feet between them. Pour and pack some dry bag concrete mix under undermined spots with a shovel. Top off to top of concrete and border with some decorative clean stone of some type.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements