Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Plans for Pole Barn and building on a grade

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-24-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks

Plans for Pole Barn and building on a grade

Just curious if anyone has or knows a good outlet for Pole Barn Plans. I have a builder local who knows how to build them but he doesn't have any architectural plans I can take to an engineer and sign off on them for our building permit. Was curious if any one has a set for a 26x32 or knows where I could purchase a set.

Also, I have a 2 foot drop in grade where I want to place the barn and can't really bring the level up as the way the whole group slopes in the backyard. Anyone ever do this and did you have any issues with pouring concrete in the barn after? Did you pour a quasi footer wall on the deeper side with rebar for added measure?

Any other advice on what I should be asking for or including in the barn build?
    pcabe5 and snowdoggie like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archermatt1 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has or knows a good outlet for Pole Barn Plans. I have a builder local who knows how to build them but he doesn't have any architectural plans I can take to an engineer and sign off on them for our building permit. Was curious if any one has a set for a 26x32 or knows where I could purchase a set.

Also, I have a 2 foot drop in grade where I want to place the barn and can't really bring the level up as the way the whole group slopes in the backyard. Anyone ever do this and did you have any issues with pouring concrete in the barn after? Did you pour a quasi footer wall on the deeper side with rebar for added measure?

Any other advice on what I should be asking for or including in the barn build?
    There is usually always a way to work the grade to drain properly.
    You can cut the high side down, and make everything slope away from the building.
    If you absolutely couldn't mess with the grade...
    They can just use extra tongue and groove grade planks, and build into a hill.

The Cadillac solution would be a full concrete foundation, all the way around.

You could consult with your local Morton office. They are experienced with virtually every possible way to put a pole building in any given space. I have 3 of their buildings, and probably wouldn't consider anything else.
    pcabe5, Herminator and bvbearcat like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    I'm confused by the you can't change the grade issue. Are you going to level the floor by filling the area of the drop with concrete? If that's the case I would build up the area with compacted clay as the base and not fill the entire area with concrete.

I build some of my pad up over 5 foot to get level and left areas to drain water from around the building and into the natural areas that the water flowed from the rest of the land.

You need plans designed for your climate. I don't think our snow loads are even close to the same.
    pcabe5, pappa, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-24-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    I'm confused by the you can't change the grade issue. Are you going to level the floor by filling the area of the drop with concrete? If that's the case I would build up the area with compacted clay as the base and not fill the entire area with concrete.

I build some of my pad up over 5 foot to get level and left areas to drain water from around the building and into the natural areas that the water flowed from the rest of the land.

You need plans designed for your climate. I don't think our snow loads are even close to the same.
    That's exactly the problem. The ground slopes down and I need to build it up. I've been calling around for fill that is compatible but not having much luck. I can get tons of crush and run, but think that might be too difficult to work with later.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    There is usually always a way to work the grade to drain properly.
    You can cut the high side down, and make everything slope away from the building.
    If you absolutely couldn't mess with the grade...
    They can just use extra tongue and groove grade planks, and build into a hill.

The Cadillac solution would be a full concrete foundation, all the way around.

You could consult with your local Morton office. They are experienced with virtually every possible way to put a pole building in any given space. I have 3 of their buildings, and probably wouldn't consider anything else.
    I may be missing something but this looks like a solution to me. Cut more into the high side and put in a retaining wall with drainage if need be.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Humbolt 3-Bag 12 Bushel PTO Grass Catcher

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I may be missing something but this looks like a solution to me. Cut more into the high side and put in a retaining wall with drainage if need be.

Doug
    You wouldn’t need a wall if you didn’t want one. You can cut back further and just slope it
    pcabe5 and bvbearcat like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

Doug
    That is what I did. We dug out 5 feet at the deepest point. I built a retaining wall out of treated lumber & then used the dirt we dug out to build up the drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2073.JPG   DSCF2568.JPG  
    arlen, mark02tj, bvbearcat and 3 others like this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 07:32 AM
    Thanks
    ChrisR,

Nothing better than BTDT replies with pics. Nice looking well thought out (plenty of doors) building with a solid drive way. Nice
    ChrisR likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 02:47 PM
    Thanks
    I'm in the same boat, but cutting out isn't an option as the main entrance needs to be on the high side of the slope.
    Luckily (or unluckily) I have a few years before the budget will allow it anyway.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    The low end of my pad was built up 5 foot, 2 inches. It's primarily clay, luckily it was a cheap option.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final hill.jpg  
    pcabe5 and Oscar Leroy like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast