Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Storage Help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Thanks

Storage Help

Like most of us the garage is getting smaller all the time. Iím looking for some kind of storage for the 4 wheeler and zero turn mower. I thought this would be a cheap reliable system till my buddies pointed out there is no way to get a 900lb zero turn mower up there due to the lack of ground clearance of the mower it could never make the sharp angle. The 2 post lifts on the market donít have a platform and canít find any options for one. Has anybody here came up with a answer that theyíd be willing to share with a picture if possibleClick image for larger version.†

Name:	31896D5C-78CF-4608-BD51-95AAB17EF78F.jpeg†
Views:	17†
Size:	1.62 MB†
ID:	715746
    etcallhome and Toughsox like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Thanks
    Why do you want to elevate the heavy stuff? I have heavy duty shelving that I put all my boxes of stuff on and then leave the floor for my mower and implements. I try and put my implements on dollies since they are not self powered. Anything that is self powered I make accessible to drive out of the shop with minimum hassle. That way I have floor space quickly if I need it. Not ideal but it's what I do to account for shrinking space. Lately though I have just been selling off some of my crap to create more space!

You are correct, you will be hard pressed to see a 2 post lift that is used for storage. Typically that's what 4 post lifts are used for.
    mark02tj, PJR832, Toughsox and 1 others like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Because I get tired of tripping over them. I donít need mower between November and end of April. 4 wheeler is for plowing which is December into April maybe. So why not move it out of the way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Thanks
    There are limited options.

I know some people with a bobcat or something with a substantial lifting capability that put stuff like that on pallets and then put the entire pallet up on the pallet rack. You would have to get at least into a 3R range to begin to think about lifting something that heavy and that might not be able to. What about a 4 post hoist? That might work. Run the zero turn on the lift and raise it up. Most 4 posts don't need to be bolted down and can be put on wheels to move it around. A motorcycle lift that is converted to ATV lift might work but won't go very high. Not nearly that high but you could get it up about 3' or so.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Thanks
    Living in rural Minnesota comes with the acquisition of LOT of rolling stock and associated attachments. I have always been (had to be) creative when it comes to storage. I can't thing of ANY sane way to store a 900 lb Zero-turn on a rack with the possible exception of a vehicle rack. Example...

Last edited by MacCool; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.
    Deere1 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Find a used "Big Joe"... they are a small mobile forklift/pallet jack unit...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    mark02tj likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
    Find a used "Big Joe"... they are a small mobile forklift/pallet jack unit...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Looked at Pallet Stacker Myself But for My Needs I found I need to get One of these a Crown ST series so I Can Put stuff in the second Floor of the Barn. There rather Inexpensive used. New they cost as Much as a 1series TLB. What I have found with some of the More inexpensive ones is there To Tall for Barn door Openings (I can fit a 3R series with a Cab through) and really don't have the Lift Height. For one that will fit through My opening. Was all set to Buy a ULINE Pallet stacker $3,470 and it lifts 137 inches 11.5 FT But when Lowered it's over 9ft Tall and the Crown ST series when Lowered is 6ft 1inch Tall. Not that I need a self propelled one. But it Lifts 14 Feet & has a lift capacity of 1980lbs to 2500lbs depending On fork Length
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pallet-stacker-st3000-hero.png
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks
    Bigger shed is the best option.
    Short of a real lift, Double deck storage for things with tires ainít nuttin but a pain in the butt.
    Iíd use chain hoists and jerk that stuff up to the rafters before Iíd be riding up ramps to a wonky ass shelf.
    Bigger shed, thin the herd, or keep on trippin.
    Kbar likes this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    Is building a lean-to onto your garage, an option for you?
    mark02tj and Kbar like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Looked at Pallet Stacker Myself But for My Needs I found I need to get One of these a Crown ST series so I Can Put stuff in the second Floor of the Barn. There rather Inexpensive used. New they cost as Much as a 1series TLB. What I have found with some of the More inexpensive ones is there To Tall for Barn door Openings (I can fit a 3R series with a Cab through) and really don't have the Lift Height. For one that will fit through My opening. Was all set to Buy a ULINE Pallet stacker $3,470 and it lifts 137 inches 11.5 FT But when Lowered it's over 9ft Tall and the Crown ST series when Lowered is 6ft 1inch Tall. Not that I need a self propelled one. But it Lifts 14 Feet & has a lift capacity of 1980lbs to 2500lbs depending On fork Length
    So spend a bunch of money on that thing to lift toys onto pallet. So what do I buy to lift that out of the way?

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast