As they say you can never have to large of a storage shed...
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By scoobysmak
  • 2 Post By BigJim55
  • 1 Post By Tractor Tim

Thread: As they say you can never have to large of a storage shed...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 01:58 AM
    Thanks

As they say you can never have to large of a storage shed...

Well this past year i picked up my 1025r, in the process I got a storage shed built on my property. The shed is a 12'X24' with a partial loft for extra storage above. I wanted to build my own storage utility car like the following guy did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DQt0DAtRqI

I like the idea so everything will fit inside the shed and be protected but I see complications, such as the wife blocking the cart so I can't reach an attachment when I want to (hopefully she won't read this, figured I could blame her for something every so often ).

I guess I have a second problem now though, I recently found out that my grandfather left a 1949 Case tractor to me and my brother, not sure the model. I believe my brother told me it had a bush-hog, box blade, and a post hole digger that came with it. My brother said you can take it because he can't do anything with it, he lives downtown Atlanta. Between my attachments that are outside, this tractor and attachments, and a few assorted car parts I figure I will build something like a loafing shed behind/next to my current storage shed. At this moment I see this "shed"/covered area being around 12'X(24'-36') and about 10 feet on one side and 8 feet on the other. The shed will be in the southeast region of the country so in the years it does snow we see maybe 4-6" before the next day it melts away. Think the longest it has stuck on the ground was 3 days. I have not looked at the local building codes to see if this would be a problem.

I have been looking around at how to build a shed but the main concern at this moment is putting the post in the ground. Most people seem to dig a hole put the post in it and then fill it in with the dug out dirt or load it with some type of quickcrete and add water. Some of the the other things I have seen are perma-column and oz-post, not sure which one is better for buildings but the oz-post is cheaper. I do like the fact that the post could be replaced with the later two options and termites do exist in the area so giving them something to eat really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy either. Here are the links:

OZ-Post™ / OZ-Deck™

https://permacolumn.com/

I won't be home to take any pictures until after Christmas but just surfing for ideas. The ideas I have is basically is a few poles with a leaning roof on top, no sides. At this point figure either a metal or maybe a plastic that lets light through for the roof. One thing I don't have is the height of the tractor which will make a big difference.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2015 1025R - H120 FEL/49" bucket - 60D MMM/hydraulic lift - RC2048 - BB5048 - Artillian forks/36"
    Imatch hitch - Kens bolt on hooks - BXpanded piranha tooth bar
    Single point - manual independant MMM lift

Power beyond kit - planning to install at 50 hour service

Later options and dreams:
    KK 48" tiller - PHD100/PHA009 - 260 Backhoe/12" bucket - Woodmaxx TM-86H - Agrex XL300 spreader - ETA V2 48" lawn plugger - Harley rake TM-4 - 5 1/2' Farm Maxx sickle bar mower - Cole MX12 planter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    scoobysmak; funny u get on here and show a link to that video, cause I just watched that video the other day. I think a cart like that would be very usefull to keep all the equipment inside. I say-go for it-build one. big jim
    Levi and Tractor Tim like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysmak View Post

I have been looking around at how to build a shed but the main concern at this moment is putting the post in the ground. Most people seem to dig a hole put the post in it and then fill it in with the dug out dirt or load it with some type of quickcrete and add water. Some of the the other things I have seen are perma-column and oz-post, not sure which one is better for buildings but the oz-post is cheaper. I do like the fact that the post could be replaced with the later two options and termites do exist in the area so giving them something to eat really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy either.
    I had the same concerns as you with the posts. So, I got these post protectors on my posts. I really like how they work. Cheaper than the perma-column (only ~$40 per post).

Post Protector

Here is a video of my shed being built. You can see the post protectors as they are being installed.

Levi likes this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements