First of all, a huge thank you to Ken D. Without his online Picasa album of his beautiful polebarn being constructed, I probably wouldn't have decided to take this project on. There was lots of other great advice here on GTT, and a good friend at our local Lowes was a huge help too. Of course the 2320 came in handy too...
I did it mostly without plans or drawings, just a lot of sleepless nights thinking about it from January to May of this year. I ordered most of the lumber and trusses at the end of June, and it was all delivered the fourth week of July. The roof was up in about two weeks, and I just hooked up the natural gas heater last weekend. While I'm not done, I am done for now... a few little finishing things like insulating the ceiling can be done over the winter. But it is all buttoned up for the winter, warm and dry, and my family and I are quite pleased with how it turned out. In fact, it is much better than I expected, and that is rare...
So, on to the story and pics.
Here is where I decided I wanted the new barn to go - right where my old shed sat in a low, wet spot:
So, let's move the old shed. But first, I want to move it to the side of the house, and I didn't have room:
So I made some room. First by cutting down some trees, then by moving about 40 yards of clay, then sandy loam, then 3/4 gravel, then crusher run.
Then I needed a little road back to where the new barn would go so I don't ruin my lawn.
Now let's move the old shed, pour a little pad, and make it all look nice.
OK, now on to the pole barn. Whew!