Adding a lean to on mower shed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Adding a lean to on mower shed

  1. Top | #1
    papaw1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Location
    NE, Tennessee
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Adding a lean to on mower shed

    Gizmo2 suggested that I post my progress as I begin this small adventure. I have a 10x16 shed that I am going to add 10 foot lean to on the side. I work days and move kinda slow on things around here but will try to keep adding pics as I slowly progress. Any hoo here ya go Gizmo2.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_150410593.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	198217
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_150456148.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	198225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_152854213.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	198201
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_152917314.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	4.87 MB 
ID:	198209
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to papaw1962 For This Useful Post:

    BigJim55 (06-22-2016), eyeboltman (06-21-2016), Gizmo2 (06-21-2016), RandyM (06-21-2016), SulleyBear (06-21-2016)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    19,817
    Thanks
    1,058
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Thanks for taking the time to share with us! I really like following along with everyone's projects.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  5. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,182
    Thanks
    5,769
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to share with us! I really like following along with everyone's projects.
    What he said ↑↑↑
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    gbnpp05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:18 AM
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,194
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 566 Times in 404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papaw1962 View Post
    Gizmo2 suggested that I post my progress as I begin this small adventure. I have a 10x16 shed that I am going to add 10 foot lean to on the side. I work days and move kinda slow on things around here but will try to keep adding pics as I slowly progress. Any hoo here ya go Gizmo2.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_150410593.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	198217
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_150456148.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	198225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_152854213.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	198201
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160620_152917314.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	4.87 MB 
ID:	198209
    Not sure of your marital status but refreshing to see someone doing their own work for a change(i.e., daughter/wife not digging holes, filling holes, etc).
    Levi, BigJim55, Marlin and 3 others like this.
    Brian

    2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

    GT245 Garden Tractor

  8. Top | #5
    papaw1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Location
    NE, Tennessee
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Lol my wife helps out but sometimes it's better for her to take pics

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

  9. Top | #6
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,005
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts
    The grade difference is certainly going to give you the opportunity for some head room in your lean to. Does the barn now set on pilings? Just curious how the barn is positioned there. Couldn't really tell with the lattice, which is probably part of the point of the lattice.

    Did you stick build the barn there? The thing around here for the last few years is the pre built buildings where they drop them on site with a special delivery cart. A friend of mine sells these storage buildings to supplement his retirement income and he has a group of Amish who build them. They have a really slick hydraulic cart setup with large balloon type tires for delivery so not to tear up the lawn, etc. The cart operates on it's own and doesn't need to be hooked to a tow vehicle in the lawn.

    I asked my friend the other day if they still stick build on site or are all of his buildings now pre built and dropped off. He told me that the crew will stick build on site but it is 18% over the cost of a building which is pre built and delivered to site.



    Thanks for sharing your project with us......
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 06-21-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: "fixin spellin arrors"
    BigJim55, Marlin and papaw1962 like this.

  10. Top | #7
    papaw1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Location
    NE, Tennessee
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    The grade difference is certainly going to give you the opportunity for some head room in your lean to. Does the barn now set on pilings? Just curious how the barn is positioned there. Couldn't really tell with the lattice, which is probably part of the point of the lattice.

    Did you stick build the barn there? The thing around here for the last few years is the pre built buildings where they drop them on site with a special delivery cart. A friend of mine sells these storage buildings to supplement his retirement income and he has a group of Amish who build them. They have a really slick hydraulic cart setup with large balloon type tires for delivery so not to tear up the lawn, etc. The cart operates on it's own and doesn't need to be hooked to a tow vehicle in the lawn.

    I asked my friend the other day if they still stick build on site or are all of his buildings now pre built and dropped off. He told me that the crew will stick build on site but it is 18% over the cost of a building which is pre built and delivered to site.



    Thanks for sharing your project with us......
    You have a sharp eye, yes the little shed is on block and was built on site...several years ago. I am gathering up some wood to complete and have have vacation the week after the 4th and planning on working more on it then. Thanks so much!
    BigJim55 and Marlin like this.
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

  11. Top | #8
    papaw1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Location
    NE, Tennessee
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Progress so far

    I got a little time to work on the lean to yesterday, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for looking.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_134123163.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.89 MB 
ID:	199962
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_134130471.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	199970
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_123256643.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	199978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_123131264.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	199986
    RandyM, grnspot110, Bubber and 6 others like this.
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

  12. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,182
    Thanks
    5,769
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,913 Posts
    Looking good papaw1962.
    Planning any bridging?
    flyweight, Marlin and papaw1962 like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

    papaw1962 (06-24-2016)

  14. Top | #10
    flyweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Location
    Louisiana, (southeast)
    Posts
    9,370
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Looking good papaw1962.
    Planning any bridging?
    Yep.
    Bridging is needed. Looks nice so far.
    Gizmo2, Marlin and papaw1962 like this.
    Michael

    2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

    Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

    " If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.









  15. The Following User Says Thank You to flyweight For This Useful Post:

    papaw1962 (06-24-2016)

  16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •