Green Tractor Talk banner

Show me your garage!

14K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  bsprtsgrp 
#1 ·
I have been fortunate enough in life to be able to build my dream garage about 6 years ago. 32X32 with 13 ft ceilings. Oil heat, lift, every tool imaginable including press, brake lathe, welders, plasma cutter, torches, 8x3 1/4" steel work bench etc... What do you guys have? Be it large or small you should still be proud of it....errr that sounds a little weird.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Mine is in the beginning stages. It's 16' wide and 24' long. I had the foundation poured last December. They didn't pour the floor because they wanted a day or so of temperatures above freezing. Underneath the tarp is my JD 655. As soon as spring gets here, they finish pouring the floor and then I can start constructing the walls and then the roof. My 26 year old daughter is anxious to help me build.

Vehicle Car Asphalt Tree Soil
Tree Winter Soil Snow Tarpaulin

#7 ·
My 26 year old daughter is anxious to help me build.
How cool is that?

What do you guys have? Be it large or small you should still be proud of it....errr that sounds a little weird.
:lol: Now that's funny as hell.

As for my shop and garage, they are disorganized pigsties that I'm embarrassed by.

Reactions: fuelhog2000
#10 ·
I would love to see pics of it going up. I almost did a steel building but at the time the price of steel was crazy so I only did a steel roof.

#6 ·
Nice garage you have there fuelhog2000.

Mine is not big enough. Trying to redo some stuff now to get some equipment more vertical so I can setup some wood equipment I dont have room for.

Anyway, mine is attached. Basically an L shaped 3 car garage with half of it a little over 37' deep. In floor heat that runs off our Geo Thermal system so 70 is as cold as it gets during the winter. Nicest garage I have ever had but really should have built a 40x60 building !

Attachments

#11 ·
That's are really nice garage wow! I wish mine was bigger as well but the town I live in would not allow a larger dwelling so I was "stuck" with 32x32. I know I know it's rough lol. I also put equipment up off the floor to get more room. My furncace and air compressor are both on 6' high "shelves".

#8 ·
I even bought her a hot pink suede tool pouch/belt as one of her xmas presents. Her second reply was, "Now is needs tools, hammer, tape measure"

#17 ·
What are you talking about? You have a really nice setup yourself.:drinks:

#26 ·
Here are a few shots of my 20' x 20' garage. The open slot is for my wife's Subaru Outback. With the car in the garage I have about 4' from the workbench to the car and the other side is about 12" to the tractor. After the patio is completed in the back the plan is to extend the garage by another 12-15' and making the new section 5' deeper. Than I could actually park my truck inside and still have more room for more Toys…...

The full on shot is a little dark since it was taken at night.

Attachments

#27 ·
Very nice Dungar. I like the organization, I can't stand stuff laying around. I have to stop what I'm doing and reorganize if things start getting messy.:good2:

#30 · (Edited)
RichBaxter

Thanks

Yes it is a Dolly, I purchased it through BXpanded. They do not show them on there website for a John Deere but they are available. To be honest if I did not get this item I probably would not have been able to get the tractor with the backhoe. Storing it without a dolly of some sort took up to much space and there was no way my wife was going to let me park her car outside.

I have seen some other threads on this forum where people have built there own.

Here is the BXpanded Link:
Backhoe Storage Dolly

#32 ·
I'm sure this is getting off topic of the original thread, not sure if it should be redirected or a new thread started.

I snapped a few more Pics when I got home this evening. The guys name at bxpanded is Harry he is very nice and provided me with a lot of information. I have also attached a 2 youtube videos of someone using the dolly on a Kubota.

bxpanded backhoe dolly vids (Kubota)

Backhoe removal demonstration using BXpanded Backhoe Dolly - YouTube

FAST Kubota BX 24 Backhoe Removal on BXpanded Dolly - YouTube

andy b. seems we are possibly in the same neighborhood. I'm in Eastern PA.

Attachments

#35 ·
I am amazed at some of the garages out there.

My good friend Jerry that lives in Baltimore is a GM muscle car expert. Has his own business and works for Barrett Jackson as a technical expert.

Anyway, he travels around a lot and inspects, verifies and appraises cars.

He posts a lot of pictures of the garages he works in. The attached picture is pretty common for him.

Most of them have a lot of memorabilia along with the car and about 25% of them are equipped to do full out restorations.

Attachments

#36 ·
Love that dolly for the 260, just ordered one. They did tell me they are in the process of starting production on one for the FEL (120)

JD 260 Backhoe Storage Dolly

Reactions: mjncad
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.