Putting my 15'X22' barn on a slab.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Putting my 15'X22' barn on a slab.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-02-2019 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks

Putting my 15'X22' barn on a slab.

I have been putting off putting my building on a slab for years, and this fall it's going to be done! I hope! I build it back in 2004 and at the time just didn't have the money to put it on a slab. I had the lumber all sawed out and stuck for a couple years and needed to get going so a wood floor it was. 2X8 rough floor joist etc. Long story short. She's sinking! So last fall I had three loads of gravel hauled in levelled and now today I started building up and tamping the required grade needed to pour a slab? I am moving it a bit too as it's to close to the pool etc. Here is a couple pics. Stay tuned and I will post a couple here and there as I go. I am hoping to add a couple courses of block also to raise the height of the building. That means a new door but forgetting to lower the rops twice has made this nessary. Oh did I mention my 1025r has made this possible... What an asset to have the machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
    Laurie

John Deere 1025r TLB, Frontier 54" Rear Blower with hydraulics , 54" Quick Connect Mower, 49" Frontier Tiller, iMatch Hitch, Ballast Box, 42" Adjustable Front Tines, 48" Frontier Box Blade, Light Guards, Rear Work Light, Front ROPS Mounted Utility Lights, Block Heater.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    Nice Bomag too!
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Very interested in this thread. Considering doing this for my 8x16 before I add a 4x16 addition to it. Good luck.
    Steve

John Deere 1025r FiLB, with 53" bucket, 54" mower (sold), (sold) Imatch Quick Hitch, (sold)Frontier RB2060L and Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks (x2), HLA 1500 Snowpush.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Your foundation pad is shaping up nicely!

I am however very curious as to the methods you have planned to move your building. If you pour your slab and add just say 3 courses of block to gain 2' in height, are you leaving out pockets in the block walls for temporary steel beams and rollers to slide the building over and onto the new foundation? I ask as there are a lot of variables to consider such as the reinforcement and thickness of the slab at the beam pockets, point loading the slab may not end up well. Are you going to bring in a crane and pick? Building Mover: as in jack up the building slide some carry beams under and then lower it on a trailer and then re position on your new foundation and jack it back down?

This is going to be a very cool project, I'm very interested in how its accomplished.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 3 others like this.
    4044R - H180 - KBOGH - Pallet Forks - 84 Front Blade - I- Match - Fit Rite Top Link - Woods PRD 8400 - Landscape Rake

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I hope to have a truck crane lift it and set on the new foundation. I have seen what this local truck crane will lift building size compared to mine so that is what I am hoping to do. To move it closer my neighbor has some train track to slide it on. The excavator should pull it into place. Wish me luck I might need it. Lol
    Last edited by Valley Boy; 09-19-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.
    Laurie

John Deere 1025r TLB, Frontier 54" Rear Blower with hydraulics , 54" Quick Connect Mower, 49" Frontier Tiller, iMatch Hitch, Ballast Box, 42" Adjustable Front Tines, 48" Frontier Box Blade, Light Guards, Rear Work Light, Front ROPS Mounted Utility Lights, Block Heater.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Thanks
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
    I hope to have a truck crane lift it and set on the new foundation. I have seen what this local truck crane will lift building size compared to mine so that is what I am hoping to do. To move it closer my neighbor has some train track to slide it on. The excavator should pull it into place. Wish me luck I might need it. Lol
    Just a trick you might want to know. If you're sliding it on the train track put some dawn or some kind of dish soap on it to make it slick and very easy to slide. One man could probably slide it that way. My uncle would do this when setting up double wide mobile homes. He was a one man operation. He used steel I-beams to bring the two halves together.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, MDrew and 3 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    This is how I moved a similar building that I bought on Craigslist. It fit perfectly on my 34' boat trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 2 others like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well things are moving slow but moving! Got the two bottom rows of siding off, two bottom rows of boards off and jacked up off the floor an inch. More jacking to do and also got the eves trough off as it probably will be in the way of the lifting straps. Cleaning the barn out was fun. I loaded everything in apple bins and took to the neighbor's. They were heavy but the tractor could lift them rounded up with you name it! Here is a pic of a mod I did to the backhoe bucket. I didn't want the teeth digging into the tamped gravel any deeper then what I wanted so I drilled 6 holes in this piece of steel and sharpened it a bit and it works great! I can't tell you how happy I am to have this little tractor and backhoe to help with this project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2301.jpg   IMG_2307.jpg   IMG_2308.jpg   IMG_2310.jpg  
    RandyM, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 9 others like this.
    Laurie

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast