I am doing some site/elevation design for our new home that we plan to build in a few years. I plan on building the barn before the house.
I started to rethink some of my ideas once I moved out a small 10x7 hunting blind I am working on. It looked so large sitting 800 foot off the road that it got me thinking of what a 40x80 barn with 14' walls would look like.
So, I started working with our designer at work and he is trying to get me into a L shaped barn. It would probably sit on a 45 degree angle off to one side of the house.
1. I want to have a specific section of the barn set aside as a heated area to wash cars and work on them in the winter. This must be accessible from the driveway and have nothing else in it.
2. I want to be able to pull in a 45' boat on a trailer.
3. I need to be able to access quads and a car without a huge issue.
4. The main home will have a large 2 car garage and the barn will be a 3rd car storage, so it will be fairly close to the home and accessible.
5. I need room to store some friends jeeps and cars without getting in the way.
6. I has to look nice next to the new house.
Seems like a lot to ask. Anyone have pictures or ideas?
I am guessing I would have 4 garage doors. 1 for the car wash, 1 for the 3rd car garage, one for quads, tractor and small stuff, and the last for large stuff. I will use a small corner behind the wash bay as a work area, but i will not have a dedicated large area for a workspace. I want to try to make it fairly mobile.