Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Piranah tooth bar review

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    My tooth bar came yesterday I can't get to it till weekend. What size hole to I need to drill in bucket. Thanks
    According to their website (look under the Q&A tab), the bolt size is 5/8". When I bought my pirahna, I bought the step drill bit with it. That thing drills right through the bucket no problem. I think I drilled to 3/4", but not 100% sure on that.
    http://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with piranha tooth bar and HLA Forks
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WifeSaidOK For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (05-10-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #22

Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 01:31 PM
    Thanks
    Is the Piranha Tooth Bar just made of cold rolled steel or is it made out of abrasive resistant steel like. COR 10? Don't want it to wear out quickly.
    BigJim55, Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

5. Top | #23
    Last Online
    05-30-2019 @ 06:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stg454 View Post
    Is the Piranha Tooth Bar just made of cold rolled steel or is it made out of abrasive resistant steel like. COR 10? Don't want it to wear out quickly.
    I'm not sure what it is made out of but you'll wear out many other parts on the tractor before that toothbar will show any wear.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #24
    Last Online
    07-20-2019 @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    Haven't opened the box yet but it's heavy. I know a guy who has had one for a while and they are very well made. You won't wear it out!
    Robnik likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

8. Top | #25

Last Online
    12-06-2017 @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks

lenght of bar

Quote Originally Posted by 356 View Post
    I ordered mine over the weekend...the website noted it could be a two week delay due to a company relocation. I am looking forward to installing the bar, as I have lots of work for it.
    Hey 356. I see that you have a D160 bucket what size did you order? I have a D160 and want to buy me a bar fro mine.
    Robnik likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FarmerMac For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet (04-25-2019)

10. Top | #26
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 10:45 AM
    Thanks
    I recently installed the Piranha Tooth Bar and here is my review:

Digging: It's like using a sharp steak knife vs. a butter knife to cut a good steak. Much easier with the bar and worth the cost if digging were the only improvement.

BUT! Where this thing really shines is pushing up saplings and small trees. When I pushed up against trees down low, the teeth "bit" into the trunk and I pushed them over and up, roots and all with no digging required. Amazing!

This past summer I killed hundreds of small, 2"-5" sweet gum trees. The bar did not do as well pushing those over and up because since the tree trunk is dead the wood is hard and the teeth won't "bite" into it. Of course it pushes them over, but the dead ones usually just break off near the ground.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the extra work I can do with this bar. As others have said, I wish I had purchased it a long time ago. It's probably now a permanent addition to my loader bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1257[1].jpg  
    JD 4066r with H180 Loader
    3rd SCV for Grapple
    Pat's Quick Hitch
    Brown 6'4" Disc Harrow
    Kodiak 5' Medium Duty Brush Cutter
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Numerous Other Misc. Attachments

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Good&Green For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet (04-25-2019)

12. Top | #27
    Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 11:48 PM
    Thanks
    Just got mine in. Took about one month from my initial order. Was a little nervous as they did not respond to my e-mails requesting an ETA. They did answer my phone call though and true to their word it arrived 2 days later. Haven’t put it on yet but I can tell you already it is one solid hunk of metal. Looking forward to using it on my hard-packed clay/shale/rocky ground.
    TheSilverFox likes this.
    2009 JD 2320, 200cx FEL, bucket with Piranha teeth, ballast box, 4’ Frontier cutter, PR1160 power rake, forklift, I-match, not a lick of common-sense.

13. Top | #28

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
    Just got mine in. Took about one month from my initial order. Was a little nervous as they did not respond to my e-mails requesting an ETA. They did answer my phone call though and true to their word it arrived 2 days later. Haven’t put it on yet but I can tell you already it is one solid hunk of metal. Looking forward to using it on my hard-packed clay/shale/rocky ground.
    It surely is a heavy chunk of steel. FWIW, my experience is it is great for land clearing but maybe not as good for digging as some of the other styles. Don't get me wrong, it's much better than the flat factory edge but not as good as a more "toothy" version. I think you will enjoy it.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3