• 3 Post By Levi
  • 3 Post By dunnsa17

Thread: Unplated pin recieved with backhoe thumb

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-24-2019 @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks

Unplated pin recieved with backhoe thumb

Ordered a backhoe thumb kit for my new 1025r with 260b backhoe and received the kit with a raw steel unplated pin and a note in the box that they expect to have plated pins back in stock next week and will send out a replacement when they get them. Okay no big deal, 2 weeks go by and I send an email out to see the status of the pin and I get an email back within 15 minutes saying they are going to ship it out today, great! (but I wonder if I never sent an email if it would have ever gotten shipped out or did I just happen to email on the day they got more in stock). Then a few days later I recieve a box with nothing inside and a hole (roughly the diameter of a pin) in the side of the box. Clearly the pin was not packaged right and was able to bounce around within the box and bust through the side. The box as a whole was in pretty good shape other than the hole so I dont think any real excessive handling was done by Fedex. Now I have emailed them multiple times over the past few days and have got no answer yet and the pin that is on my tractor is getting pretty rusted.

Will post again with updates but I would recomend contacting bxpanded to make sure they have plated pins in stock before placing any orders. No where on the site did it state the shortage of plated pins when I placed my order.

Other than the issue with the pin their products seem to be of great quality and have had no other problems. I would really just like my plated pin.
    Tomfive, Levi and Robnik like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Going to order a thumb for my backhoe from them in the near (hopefully) future.
    I assume you will, but keep us updated. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

BTW, have you tried calling? I dont know if they even have a phone number, but I usually have better luck that way than with email, with the exception being a paper trail.
    Tomfive, Levi and Robnik like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    I apologize if I sound like a jerk but your second post here and you are whining about an unplated pin? Use it and move on, before you know it the plating will be worn off that and a few other things and you will still be amazed at what you have accomplished. More yes here less NO. rant over
    coaltrain, CADplans and Robnik like this.
    2009 2520 200cx loader 46 Back Hoe 403 Rotary Cutter Artillian forks + 54" Snowblower
    1995 455 w/60" deck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Manomet For This Useful Post:

CADplans (05-25-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manomet View Post
    I apologize if I sound like a jerk but your second post here and you are whining about an unplated pin? Use it and move on, before you know it the plating will be worn off that and a few other things and you will still be amazed at what you have accomplished. More yes here less NO. rant over
    So how long does he need to be a member before complaining about an issue?
    Asking for a friend.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 12:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    So how long does he need to be a member before complaining about an issue?
    Asking for a friend.
    Complaining on the FIRST post is OK as far as I'm concerned. Paying money for something that is supposed to be plated is a complaint worth complaining about. The plated bolts and hooks that Kenny supplies do not rust so why have one from for a thumb from bxpanded that could break while being used and maybe hurt someone? Also the ones I got from bxpanded for my tooth bar haven't rusted so yah...complain away.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-24-2019 @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks
    Update,

I have recieved an email from BXpanded with a tracking number stating that a new plated pin has been sent out, hopefully packaged better this time. Other than this relatively minor issue BXpanded products have been great and their customer service good so far seeing how they took care of this issue.

Regarding the complaining... My main purpose posting this here was hoping that BXpanded would see and get back to me since I hadnt gotten a response in a few days after multiple emails. And after I posted here I got an email back relatively quickly so either it worked or a coincidence. I must have missed the part in the forum rules that I have to have a certain number of posts before I post anything regarding a complaint. Apparently you must need over 800 posts or something to turn someones thread regarding a justified complaint into a childish rant. Also, if BXpanded did not rectify the situation I thought that others that are thinking about making that purchase should know about the potential issue.

I did not call (yet) because I am at work long hours and it is just far easier for me to shoot off an email. Plus the first email I sent to them was replied to within a matter of minutes so I figured emailing was a good way to contact them. If it went another week without hearing back I planned on calling.

With that said, if I do not post any more updates. Assume that I received the new plated pin as I do not want to slander a good companies reputation, just wanted my pin and to inform others that are interested in making the same purchase. Thanks
    IndianaJim, Levi and Big like this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements