Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Disappointed in BXpanded

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Ahhhhh,, yes,, Amazon has ruined us all,,,

Two day delivery is OK for some Chinese junk that Amazon buys by the freight container load,,
    then it marks the stuff up 1000%,, and,, yep, it is ready to ship,,

BUT,, a metal fab guy,, making onesies,, and twosies,, the 3 week delay can be considered normal,, and minimal,,
    6+ weeks could be expected early summer,,

As far a the card charged??
    Who's order do you want them working on,,
    yours that has a good CC pay capability,,
    or someone that has a CC that is gonna bounce?

If the item you are buying had the "Amazon % Markup" ,, then you could expect,, "Charge When Shipped",,,

Give the guys a break,,, or, start a business "showing them how to do it,,"
    I don't think this is a fair characterization of mbodamer's complaint. No where did he seem to have unrealistic expectations, given the information he had. This is entirely on BXpanded's lack of communication.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying they are a terrible company that makes junk by any means. I haven't dealt with them, but everyone here seems to love their products. And they are apparently based in my state, so I hope they continue to prosper! I just hope they take note and try to improve.
    rtgt, Kloudbuster, Levi and 7 others like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oscar Leroy For This Useful Post:

mbodamer (06-17-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #12

Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Thanks
    Interesting- very similar post orangetractortalks-
    Disappointed in BXpanded - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota
    Last edited by hodge; 06-17-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and jdforever like this.
    Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."

5. Top | #13

Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbodamer View Post
    Yes that makes perfect sense... but on the same token if they charge someones card and dont inform them it will take 4 weeks they could simply cancel the order mid production or chargeback with the credit card thinking the item is not coming. As you say, a little communication goes a long way to reduce the problems for both parties involved.
    If communication happened you could decide to not order/get a refund without causing stress.

The more you know.....
    rtgt, Kloudbuster, Levi and 3 others like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,961 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    And TBN:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...d-contact.html

Seems a little communication and a note on the website would solve all this .
    rtgt, Kloudbuster, rydplrs and 9 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #15

Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Thanks

Charging the card

Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Ahhhhh,, yes,, Amazon has ruined us all,,,

Two day delivery is OK for some Chinese junk that Amazon buys by the freight container load,,
    then it marks the stuff up 1000%,, and,, yep, it is ready to ship,,

BUT,, a metal fab guy,, making onesies,, and twosies,, the 3 week delay can be considered normal,, and minimal,,
    6+ weeks could be expected early summer,,

As far a the card charged??
    Who's order do you want them working on,,
    yours that has a good CC pay capability,,
    or someone that has a CC that is gonna bounce?

If the item you are buying had the "Amazon % Markup" ,, then you could expect,, "Charge When Shipped",,,

Give the guys a break,,, or, start a business "showing them how to do it,,"
    I agree that metal fabrication isn't like unloading a bulk container from China but to me, a merchant should not charge a card until they ship. It may not be required by law but unless prepayment is clearly specified, I don't expect to pay until the item is out the door at the merchant. There will still be shipping delay before I get it but I don't expect them to use my money while they are building whatever.

I guess it's somewhat different depending on which side of the transaction you are on.

Treefarmer
    rtgt, Kloudbuster, Levi and 4 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

9. Top | #16

Last Online
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I agree that metal fabrication isn't like unloading a bulk container from China but to me, a merchant should not charge a card until they ship. It may not be required by law but unless prepayment is clearly specified, I don't expect to pay until the item is out the door at the merchant. There will still be shipping delay before I get it but I don't expect them to use my money while they are building whatever.

I guess it's somewhat different depending on which side of the transaction you are on.

Treefarmer
    The potential downside there is they could be using the "prepay" money to facilitate manufacturing if they do not have enough working capital. I am not saying that is the case with this company but many good companies are starved for working capital and therefore cannot stock items they desperately need to fill orders. So the risk is on the purchaser in a situation like this that the manufacturer could hypothetically not have enough working capital to get through a production run and you are stuck waiting for the next round of pre orders to allow them to fulfill your order and so the cycle continues.

Clearly they have a great product this is highly recommended. Would be great if they could forecast based on their past sales history and get a little bit ahead of the game.
    etcallhome, rtgt, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

10. Top | #17
    SRG
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    I was wondering if this was the same guy. The titles are identical.

Either way, they should put some info on their site with projected lead times.
    rtgt, rydplrs, Levi and 2 others like this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

11. Top | #18

Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks
    mbodamer - your profile doesn't say where you are, but if you are anywhere near Denver I have a BXpanded 260B thumb I will sell you for $250. Used once.
    rtgt, rydplrs, Levi and 1 others like this.

12. Top | #19
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    I don't think this is a fair characterization of mbodamer's complaint. No where did he seem to have unrealistic expectations, given the information he had. This is entirely on BXpanded's lack of communication.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying they are a terrible company that makes junk by any means. I haven't dealt with them, but everyone here seems to love their products. And they are apparently based in my state, so I hope they continue to prosper! I just hope they take note and try to improve.
    Exactly!!

Didn't BX get bought out by the people that own it now? Seems that's when this problem started.
    rtgt, rydplrs, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

13. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,961 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Exactly!!

Didn't BX get bought out by the people that own it now? Seems that's when this problem started.
    I don't ever remember hearing about a change of ownership, but they did move to a different state and larger facility a few years ago.
    rtgt, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast