Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Disappointed in BXpanded

1. Top | #51
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Hate to jump in, but, I was looking into a tooth bar and wound up here.
    I've read several comments about this Vendor not keeping up with production, or communication with customers who have ordered.

My question is, if they are a Sponsor / Vendor here, why have they not responded on this Forum to set things straight? Or have they, and I ain't seen it?
    That I know of they haven't responded to any of the comments on the forum.

I have their tooth bar and like it.

If you are thinking about ordering one, I would suggest calling them to see what the availability is.
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #52
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks rtgt. The wait is not a concern for me. The lack of communication to the customer is a major concern to me.
    If I tell you I'm gonna be at your place @ 0500, by God I'll be there, or you will get a telephone call stating otherwise.
    rtgt, jdforever, Jep and 1 others like this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

4. Top | #53
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    if yer gonna quote me, answer my question.
    What are you asking?
    Are they gonna call you or answer an email? Maybe not according to some folks here.
    Are you gonna get what you order? I got FedEx email today for bucket. Did I miss where someone didn’t get what they ordered and weren’t refunded?
    Or is it they weren’t as fast to ship as they were in past.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #54
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    HEY !!! I don't see the problem with BXpanded.....yet.

I just picked up my telephone and called them. Was on hold less than two minutes.
    Placed my order with very friendly, respectful South African feller named Howard.
    Howard took my info and I received an order confirmation email while still on the telephone with him. He said the ship date is ~ 3 weeks.

See there, I knew better than to believe everything I read on the inter web.
    I should've asked why they don't partake much in this forum, but I didn't.....

I'll report back when and if I actually receive the tooth bar.
    rtgt and mark02tj like this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

7. Top | #55

Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 AM
    Thanks

Piranah Bar 60"

I am impressed with BXpander's service. Placed order online a little over 4 weeks ago. Saw some concerns about CS here at the forum so sent an email to CS Friday afternoon and received a response following Monday. They stated their ship estimate at that time was 4 weeks. Mine shipped 4 weeks to the day and Fedex delivered a couple of days ago.

Jack
    3032e D160 loader 2015

8. Top | #56
    EVT
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks
    I ordered the backhoe thumb last spring and when I got the box it had 2 areas that were worn through where the shipping company must have been sliding the box around instead of picking it up. It wore off the paint in a couple of areas but I thought no big deal since I'll probably do more damage when I start picking up rocks with it. I emailed the company and sent pictures of the packaging just to let them know and said you might want to throw some extra bubble wrap or something in that area. I wasn't looking for anything in return just simply wanted to give them a heads up. Well, a few days later I got a package from them with a quart of John Deere green paint. I have to say I have no complaints with their products or service. I have the 260B thumb, quick connect, ripper, trenching bucket and Piranha tooth bar. All VERY well made and perfect fits.
    mark02tj and kylew like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

9. Top | #57
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    2 weeks and got trench bucket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9AE25062-1FAD-4826-979F-817A093D9DFC.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	698154
    Kennyd, Jep, Oscar Leroy and 1 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Top | #58

Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    So this thread has gotten a bit off topic here and there so as the OP let me summarize my purpose for the post and after having used the thumb I did finally receive I will give my two cents on that.

Let me first start off by saying I have ZERO problem with the quality of the physical mechanical thumb I received. I was pissed after the lack of communication that it arrived with the decal all jacked up. But as someone else eluded to, after one use I can't really see the decal anymore anyway. My point with even sharing about the decal was that after having a sour experience, I simply notified them that it came like that and they didn't even have the decency to reply.

My issue with this is not in the craftsmanship (fabrication/welding), it was in the lack of transparency to the customer PRE order that shipping would take possibly 3-4 weeks. And then when calling to inquire about it, I was made to feel as though I was ignorant for not knowing the "industry" and that metal fabrication takes time. The QC could use a bit of a kick in the rear too since they allowed the jacked up decal to pass and be shipped.

I have been using my thumb for a few weeks and completely love it. I am really glad I got the thumb I did because I wanted one that mounted in the factory holes and didn't look like an addon. I highly recommend the thumb, its worth its weight in gold for the increase in functionality you get.

My issue that remains, is simply that there was no warning on the site pre order that stated the 3-4 week lead time. Others in the fabrication business clearly state lead times without issue. KBOH and HH to name a few. I was perfectlly happy to wait 3-4 weeks for KBOH when I ordered because I was told up front. And oddly enough, heavy hitch being in the same metal fabrication business as bxpanded was able to ship out my tooth bar I think within a day or so.

Everyone has good/bad experiences with places. Take a restaurant were you feel you get the worst server and the next customer says it was the best place ever. Take all factors into account. What I say isn't gospel, just my personal experience. I am not trying to trash anyone nor do I have an agenda. I was simply disappointed in my treatment as a customer in totality when it came to dealing with this company.
    rtgt, psrumors, Corkpuller and 2 others like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6