Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Disappointed in BXpanded

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks

Angry Disappointed in BXpanded

I know i am new around here but just wanted to express my frustration with BXpanded and the customer service experience I just had. I have been clearing a lot of brush and small trees on my property and initially though I would just move everything by hand, however the job is becoming much larger then expected. So I decided to by the thumb for by 260b so i can grab and move larger qty's into my trailer more efficiently. There was NO notice on the website of any delays in manufacturer or shipment. I placed my order and patiently waited a week expecting it by now. I went online to check my order status and there is nothing indicating that it is backordered, manufacturer delayed, shipped, or anything else. I picked up the phone and called and got a gentleman on the phone who was nice as could be, but in my opinion he was the type of nice that is being a jerk while saying all the nice words. Just his attitude rubbed me the wrong way.

But I asked him for a status on my order and he said oh yeah so that item is 3-4 weeks out right now. I said what the heck are you talking about 3-4 weeks. There was no mention of that on your website when I ordered it. You already charged my credit card. He said yeah well you will find that everyone in this industry is backlogged right now because its the season where everyone orders attachments. Well that sounds like a cop out to me, better prepare your inventory and stock up for busy seasons. I agreed with him that the reason its probably busy season is perhaps that, oh i dont know, that its SUMMER and people want to use the equipment. I told him that other companies such as Kens Bolt on Hooks CLEARLY state on the website that you will be waiting a few weeks when they are backlogged. He said John Deere is also backlogged. I said i dont doubt it, because I tried to order something else from my dealer and he informed me before I placed my order that I would be waiting. I suggested that they simply add a notice to the website so customers are aware and he blow it off repeating that its industry wide and made me feel like i was the idiot for not knowing that.

All I know is when I pay for something I expect it to be shipped or I expect clear communication as to why it isnt shipped without being made to fee like he is doing me a favor by picking up the phone.

Now had I done my research, yes its my fault, I would have seen other threads on here complaining about ship times. So I guess my cleanup project has no choice but to wait it out for WEEKS until they decide to start ramping up production and filling orders.
    MDrew, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Ahhhhh,, yes,, Amazon has ruined us all,,,

Two day delivery is OK for some Chinese junk that Amazon buys by the freight container load,,
    then it marks the stuff up 1000%,, and,, yep, it is ready to ship,,

BUT,, a metal fab guy,, making onesies,, and twosies,, the 3 week delay can be considered normal,, and minimal,,
    6+ weeks could be expected early summer,,

As far a the card charged??
    Who's order do you want them working on,,
    yours that has a good CC pay capability,,
    or someone that has a CC that is gonna bounce?

If the item you are buying had the "Amazon % Markup" ,, then you could expect,, "Charge When Shipped",,,

Give the guys a break,,, or, start a business "showing them how to do it,,"
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (06-17-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Thanks
    I believe JD builds a thumb for the 260B. You could look at that as an alternative and if you can get in the time frame you'd like, cancel your BXpanded order. You're probably going to pay more, likely quite a bit more, for the JD thumb.
    MDrew, rtgt, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    There’s no excuse for failing to communicate.

A little goes a long way.

As for charging the CC, I can understand that so they don’t overload on ghost orders.
    Kennyd, MDrew, rtgt and 8 others like this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-16-2019 @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    I ordered a tooth bar at from BXpanded earlier this year. I remembered it said on the site 2-3 weeks wait time before is ships. I ended up getting my tooth bar 5 or 6 weeks after I placed my order. I was not in a hurry to get it so it was not big deal to me.
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post

Give the guys a break,,, or, start a business "showing them how to do it,,"
    I simply was expressing my disappointment in the lack of decent communication. Looking at the website it does not seam to be a a metal fab guy making onesies/twosies. But like I clearly said in my original post, it was ultimately my fault for not researching more prior to purchase to know that this was "normal".

But yes, the days of free overnight shipping have certainly spoiled many, me included. I don't mind waiting for good quality product. I simply was not prepared because I was not informed prior to purchase that it would take that long. From the professional website it appears as though they have stock in the items they manufacture and sell.

I do not think expressing disappointment in how they do not clearly inform the customer prior to purchase is picking on them, its just fact that the should communicate. If they do not wish to do so individually when orders are placed, place a disclaimer on the site explaining its all manufactured to order and requires a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Its just good business, in ANY business to communicate with your clients.
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 9 others like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    There’s no excuse for failing to communicate.

A little goes a long way.

As for charging the CC, I can understand that so they don’t overload on ghost orders.

Yes that makes perfect sense... but on the same token if they charge someones card and dont inform them it will take 4 weeks they could simply cancel the order mid production or chargeback with the credit card thinking the item is not coming. As you say, a little communication goes a long way to reduce the problems for both parties involved.
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mbodamer For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (06-17-2019)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I believe JD builds a thumb for the 260B. You could look at that as an alternative and if you can get in the time frame you'd like, cancel your BXpanded order. You're probably going to pay more, likely quite a bit more, for the JD thumb.
    yes I looked into this. $650! thats why I went with the BXpanded though, I like how it fits the factory mounts as most just bolt on the frame of the boom and looked tacky to me. I am excited to get it which is why I am disappointed. Its like waiting for Christmas.
    rtgt, Levi, mark02tj and 3 others like this.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Thanks
    Happy to see that you've "calmed down" a bit since the original post!

The folks at BXpanded are good people and put out a good quality product. You'll be happy with it and it will be worth the wait. That being said... You are 100% correct that good communication is paramount and it would be nice if they could automate their system somewhat to put an expected delivery time in the order confirmation email. A few years ago I went through the same waiting game with my Made in the USA wood chipper. They had production delays, supplier delays and two blizzards while I was waiting. But I heard nothing from them unless I called them.

Can you keep working on the project without the thumb until it gets here? You were already working on it when you made the determination that you needed the thumb, so can you keep working on parts of it that might not require (although it would be nice to have) the thumb?
    Sergeant, rtgt, Levi and 5 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Can you keep working on the project without the thumb until it gets here? You were already working on it when you made the determination that you needed the thumb, so can you keep working on parts of it that might not require (although it would be nice to have) the thumb?
    Sure it will just take more manual labor

There are countless other projects that I can work on while waiting, I will just pile all the brush up in preparation for its arrival. I am confident the product is good, I had researched that much prior to ordering so I will wait as patiently as I can.
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mbodamer For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (06-17-2019)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast