Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Barracuda BackHoe Thumb

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    The quality went in before the name went on.
    I remember the slogan but not the product!
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    I remember the slogan but not the product!
    Zenith Electronics.... I had to Gooogle it.
    Jeff B likes this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

4. Top | #13

Last Online
    01-13-2018 @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    I have the thumb and the ripper tooth (and boy they look mean together!) I haven't used the thumb as much as I thought just because it's hard to set up just the right angle, so I end up using the Artillian forks instead for things like placing rocks. But the ripper tooth is insanely good for cleaning up the bad spots in a trench after a Ditch Witch, and tears out stumps like nobody's business. Both are well built and do what they say, but for me the tooth has been much more useful, though it's a hassle to get the bucket on and off to use it.
    Oh, and the backhoe dolly is just excellent and so worth it!
    Jeff B and joshn3448 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmatree View Post
    I have the thumb and the ripper tooth (and boy they look mean together!) I haven't used the thumb as much as I thought just because it's hard to set up just the right angle, so I end up using the Artillian forks instead for things like placing rocks. But the ripper tooth is insanely good for cleaning up the bad spots in a trench after a Ditch Witch, and tears out stumps like nobody's business. Both are well built and do what they say, but for me the tooth has been much more useful, though it's a hassle to get the bucket on and off to use it.
    I have the bar, thumb, and ripper from bxpanded. The only item i would buy again is the bar. The mechanical thumb just doesn't work well for me (might be a skill issue). I think that if i used it a lot i might get better with it, i am used to a hydraulic thumb and I'm really having a hard time getting the hang of this thing. Lots of up and down from the hoe to adjust, and never getting it quite right. The pin to install it was slightly oversized or something and it was a total PITA to install. In fact the experience of putting the thumb on has lead me to not even attempt to install the ripper yet. I'd get their quick connect kit but I'm afraid i'm throwing good money after bad. My current feeling is that I will uninstall the thumb to get it out of the way and maybe then i will try the ripper install.

7. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    I have the bar, thumb, and ripper from bxpanded. The only item i would buy again is the bar. The mechanical thumb just doesn't work well for me (might be a skill issue). I think that if i used it a lot i might get better with it, i am used to a hydraulic thumb and I'm really having a hard time getting the hang of this thing. Lots of up and down from the hoe to adjust, and never getting it quite right. The pin to install it was slightly oversized or something and it was a total PITA to install. In fact the experience of putting the thumb on has lead me to not even attempt to install the ripper yet. I'd get their quick connect kit but I'm afraid i'm throwing good money after bad. My current feeling is that I will uninstall the thumb to get it out of the way and maybe then i will try the ripper install.
    Dude get that ripper installed and in use! Especially if you have stumps to pull. I removed my bucket to install the ripper 3 months ago and havenít put the bucket back on. Donít need it. The install will take about 5 mins, after you find the right size wrench.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with piranha tooth bar and HLA Forks
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

8. Top | #16

Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmatree View Post
    They make a backhoe QD just for swapping buckets and the ripper out quickly... just not for my 46 BH...
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. Top | #17

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    Dude get that ripper installed and in use! Especially if you have stumps to pull. I removed my bucket to install the ripper 3 months ago and haven’t put the bucket back on. Don’t need it. The install will take about 5 mins, after you find the right size wrench.
    I installed the ripper last weekend and used it to transplant a few trees and create a root barrier for a raised bed. That thing rocks. It was super easy to install when compared to the thumb - which I removed at the same time. They named it right, it rips through roots like they aren't even there. I will be using it a lot.

Speaking of the thumb, it is for sale. I posted it in the For Sale section if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by grahamk; 09-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    WifeSaidOK likes this.

10. Top | #18

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsanco View Post
    Thinking of getting the Backhoe Thumb for my JD 260.
    Can anyone give me their thoughts on this and does it work well?

I have already bought the BackHoe Dolly and the Piranha Toothbar from BXpanded and am very pleased with the quality of their stuff.

Thanks!
    I'm adding the tear drop locating point to my 260 and use the late model Thumb....here's a template...I'm going to use 3/8" steel....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MadOx likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2