535 baler lower gate roller bearing
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 535 baler lower gate roller bearing

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 01:25 PM
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    535 baler lower gate roller bearing

    Hello everyone!
    2nd project on the 535 round baler. This is the culprit that caught the baler on fire last season. The lower roller bearing came apart.so i am replacing bearings on both sides. This is my problem i cant get the locking collar pin to come out. Any idea's? I bought new punch that is the correct size and i have beat the crap out of this thing and it hasnt budged a bit. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced for any help!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    johnH123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:39 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,305
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 313 Times in 265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Hello everyone!
    2nd project on the 535 round baler. This is the culprit that caught the baler on fire last season. The lower roller bearing came apart.so i am replacing bearings on both sides. This is my problem i cant get the locking collar pin to come out. Any idea's? I bought new punch that is the correct size and i have beat the crap out of this thing and it hasnt budged a bit. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced for any help!
    Can you cut it off so that you can remove the necessary parts and then just drill it out?
    Heath likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

    Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 01:25 PM
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    No the pin is inset into the lock collar so there is no way to cut it. Drilling it out not a bad idea! If i cant find a simple solution that will probably be what i do. Thanks for the imput i will update when i decide what im going to do.
    johnH123 likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Location
    Coyote Flats,Texas
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 272 Times in 244 Posts
    Drilling out a roll pin requires a very good drill bit maybe even cobalt or carbide tipped bits. I'll suggest to acquire some Mayhew punches as they are designed to remove roll pins. Tailgate roller roll pin is 5/16'' diameter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
    raco232 and Heath like this.

  7. Top | #5
    raco232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Location
    Memphis, Mississippi
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Keep spraying it with PB Blaster, let it soak overnight. Try driving it out the next day. If that doesn't work, heat up with torch, then cool down with water. I know, I am going to get hounded about making stuff brittle, I don't care. I know it works, I've been down this road before, I've done this to a 530 baler myself, I know what he is talking about, it will come out. Just don't mushroom the roll pin! Good Luck!
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

  8. Top | #6
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,018
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Those Mayhew punches are good stuff.

    I don't have much patience for stuck baler bearings, I'd torch the bearing and collar off then replace both.
    raco232 and Heath like this.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 01:25 PM
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raco232 View Post
    Keep spraying it with PB Blaster, let it soak overnight. Try driving it out the next day. If that doesn't work, heat up with torch, then cool down with water. I know, I am going to get hounded about making stuff brittle, I don't care. I know it works, I've been down this road before, I've done this to a 530 baler myself, I know what he is talking about, it will come out. Just don't mushroom the roll pin! Good Luck!
    Ok thanks for the reply! Im headed out to soak it with pb now. I purchased a set of punches this was before i read these replies. The set has the correct size so we will see what happens tomorrow. Im also going to soak them in the morning before i leave for work. Maybe i will get lucky and the pin will fall out while im at work! Sarcasm of course
    johnH123 likes this.

  10. Top | #8
    raco232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Location
    Memphis, Mississippi
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply! Im headed out to soak it with pb now. I purchased a set of punches this was before i read these replies. The set has the correct size so we will see what happens tomorrow. Im also going to soak them in the morning before i leave for work. Maybe i will get lucky and the pin will fall out while im at work! Sarcasm of course
    Give it a few squirts whenever you can.....squirts and time are your friend with PB.

    Those Mayhew punches are awesome! They will save you extra work, proper tool for the job.
    Last edited by raco232; 05-22-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    johnH123 and Heath like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 01:25 PM
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    Drilling out a roll pin requires a very good drill bit maybe even cobalt or carbide tipped bits. I'll suggest to acquire some Mayhew punches as they are designed to remove roll pins. Tailgate roller roll pin is 5/16'' diameter
    Thanks Tx Jim for the reply. I picked up a set before i read your reply. They probably are not as hi-quality as the ones you suggested but they do look the same and the set has the correct size. I will post the out come tomorrow. Thanks again for the info!
    johnH123 likes this.

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 01:25 PM
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    Drilling out a roll pin requires a very good drill bit maybe even cobalt or carbide tipped bits. I'll suggest to acquire some Mayhew punches as they are designed to remove roll pins. Tailgate roller roll pin is 5/16'' diameter
    Hey Tx Jim is 5/16 the normal size for most balers? 5/16 is bigger than what i have. The pins are 1/4. This a older baler 94 model. This is more me just being curious ran into a similar situation with the hydraulic cylinders. They had no numbers stamped into the tube that is how i finally found the correct seal kit. Is this a odd year were they were changing alot of things or is that just the way JD does things?

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •