• 4 Post By 56Nine
  • 1 Post By Cutty72

Thread: Self-Propelled large round Baler by Vermeer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 10:04 PM
    Thanks

Self-Propelled large round Baler by Vermeer

Stumbled across this on YouTube, interesting.

Last edited by 56Nine; 09-16-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    AKfish, Bubber, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    I saw that, looks neat. I guess if you can justify a self propelled mower, a self propelled baler might make sense. That's a whole level of scale in hay production that I don't understand.
    Levi, BigJim55, johnH123 and 2 others like this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks

Different world

Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post
    I saw that, looks neat. I guess if you can justify a self propelled mower, a self propelled baler might make sense. That's a whole level of scale in hay production that I don't understand.
    It's a different world for me as well but pretty neat to see. I hate the think of the but like you say, if a self propelled mower conditioner is cost justified a self propelled baler probably is as well.

Until I win the lottery our Vermeer 605 C model might have to stick around. After 40 + years, it still bales but dang sure not at 8 miles an hour.

Treefarmer
    AKfish, Bubber, Levi and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 10:04 PM
    Thanks
    I'm surprised it's taken this long, the small squares had self-propelled version years ago, I'd guess the big squares will be next. I agree with the these units have to cost, they surely have their market identified. Around here, many farmers are cashing in on the cellulosic ethanol (I know, I know, it's not highly regarded on this site) since the processing facility is about 15 miles away. The stalk balers run like mad right after harvest.

At about 1:16 in, the crazy front wheels are really twisting back and forth. I wonder what that would be like going 30MPH down the road and the wheels went nuts...the clinch factor could be high....
    glc, AKfish, johnH123 and 1 others like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

7. Top | #5
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    I'm surprised it's taken this long, the small squares had self-propelled version years ago, I'd guess the big squares will be next. I agree with the these units have to cost, they surely have their market identified. Around here, many farmers are cashing in on the cellulosic ethanol (I know, I know, it's not highly regarded on this site) since the processing facility is about 15 miles away. The stalk balers run like mad right after harvest.

At about 1:16 in, the crazy front wheels are really twisting back and forth. I wonder what that would be like going 30MPH down the road and the wheels went nuts...the clinch factor could be high....
    Yep. I'm betting the front starts getting too light when the bale is nearing completion.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post

IDK, i'd compare it to the old versatile swathers, same concept just flipped. Never really even noticed how twitchy the back wheels were on the road, as each of the fronts was driven independently.

I look at it this way. If the only reason you had a tractor was to run the baler, then this could be beneficial.
    If you have the tractor anyway, and don't have a separate use for it during baling time, then

Guess it's like the MMM vs zero turn/dedicated mower debate.
    glc likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements