Like Tree56Likes

Thread: 12 A Combine

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I, for one, am anxious to see this combine back together.
    what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^can;t wait too see it back up and running.
    Herminator likes this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks

Update

I spoke yesterday with the Director of operations at the farm of the Botanic Gardens and he thinks the wheat is about two weeks out. I am going to move the 12A there to get ready to harvest the wheat when it ripens. I will post some video of it in operation when mother nature gives us the green light.
    DRobinson and Herminator like this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drhutch For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (07-04-2019)

5. Top | #13

Last Online
    Thanks

12A at work

Well the stars finally aligned and we got into the field with the 12A operating as I think it should. The first day out and in 4 hrs of work we got 1 3/4 rounds on the little 2 acre field we were trying to cut. A few adjustments, it wasn't cleaning good at all, and it started working ok. The field is a mess to cut, pretty heavy yeld, down wheat and lots of weeds, but it seems to do the job. We got about 3/4 of the field done, about 60 bushels of grain in the wagon before the header canvas tore and put a stop to the operation. as I don't know how or if I can post the video here...
    A short video here: [url="https://www.facebook.com/david.hutchison.54390"]

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14

Last Online
    Thanks

a plea for info

Does anyone know of a source for canvas like my header canvas? We got most of the 2 acre field done before the header canvas tore out of the mounting bar that connects it to the splice bar. I have checked around with the tent and awning places here in the Denver area and haven't yet come up with a suitable material to repair / replace my canvas. I am hoping that the old combine / binder canvases that were in our shop on the farm where I grew up are still there so I can use them.
    thanks for any help
    Hutch
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

8. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drhutch View Post
    Does anyone know of a source for canvas like my header canvas? We got most of the 2 acre field done before the header canvas tore out of the mounting bar that connects it to the splice bar. I have checked around with the tent and awning places here in the Denver area and haven't yet come up with a suitable material to repair / replace my canvas. I am hoping that the old combine / binder canvases that were in our shop on the farm where I grew up are still there so I can use them.
    thanks for any help
    Hutch
    do u have any Amish people around ur area? yrs ago i seen where they had people who replaced them canvas's in thise old binders or combines like what u have!

J3Driver--who lives around several families of Menonites-might be able to help ya for someone in that community that fixes or replaces them.
    DRobinson and Herminator like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. Top | #16

Last Online
    Thanks

the 12 A at work

I don't see how to post a movie here but if you look here at my facebook page and scroll down a bit it will be there
    https://www.facebook.com/david.hutchison.54390
    Herminator likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2