Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pipeliner

Thread: John Deere 335 Round Baler Bearing Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 335 Round Baler Bearing Question

I have John Deere 335 round baler. It rolls a 4x4 round bale. I am replacing all bearings. I have replaced all the roller bearings. I am working on the scraper roll at the rear of the tail gate and the other rolls that make the belts roll. My question is how do you remove the bearings off each end of the shafts. They are in bolt on flanges. I have the front part of the flange off. How do I remove the bearings off the shafts? On the rollers the shaft went all the way through each bearings. All I had to do is drive out the shafts and remove the bearings. Is this the case with these bearings or is the shaft made on to the end of each big roller? Any help appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Thanks
    With aid of your favorite penetrating oil & some emory cloth(sand paper) the brgs should just slide off the hex shafts after bolts have been removed. The brg in the same location on my 435 baler is the one that failed catching baler on fire 20 yrs ago. A baler fire will really get ones adrenaline flowing. Now I keep a product called ""Fire Out"" in my 2.5 gal water fire extinguisher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
    Last edited by Tx Jim; 04-14-2018 at 05:51 AM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    With aid of your favorite penetrating oil & some emory cloth(sand paper) the brgs should just slide off the hex shafts after bolts have been removed. The brg in the same location on my 435 baler is the one that failed catching baler on fire 20 yrs ago. A baler fire will really get ones adrenaline flowing. Now I keep a product called ""Fire Out"" in my 2.5 gal water fire extinguisher.
    That's kinda what I thought. I will get each shaft polished up really good and see what I can do I appreciate the help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    What is the best brand bearing to put back in? Timkens are pretty pricey is there any other brands just as good a Timken?

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    What is the best brand bearing to put back in? Timkens are pretty pricey is there any other brands just as good a Timken?
    I just ordered 500 worth of Timken bearings. Don't think a man can go wrong with Timken?
    dieselshadow likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,522 Posts
    Timken is top notch. I wouldn’t hesitate to have bought it. Sure, they can be expensive, but how much would you have saved if you had to do the job a second time over a no-name brand?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have a problem with my 335. When I get about 1/2 of hay in the chamber rolling it wants to quit turning the belts. I only have one set of remotes coming off of the baler. It has new cylinders on each side of the tailgate. I have to pull a rope to switch between the hydraulic tie arm and to open the rear gate. If I hold on the leaver to apply pressure to the gate it will keep rolling. I know its nothing wrong with tractor it has to be the hydraulics on the baler. Something is leaking off causing pressure of the belts to slack off. Would you have any idea what could cause this? thanks

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements