• 1 Post By ttazzman
  • 1 Post By Roger47

Thread: Square baler tying problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2018 @ 03:29 PM
    Thanks

Square baler tying problem

Hello! I'm restoring an old JD square baler 224T. I've got almost everything to work except some tying problem. I've posted a youtube slomo video, where you can see how the knot is tied. Can anyone who knows what the problem is help me solve it?

Here is the link to video:

John Deere 224T tying problem - YouTube

Thanks in advance!

Oskars

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    It looks like the knife needs to be adjusted closer to the bill hook so it will push the knot off.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Thanks
    new to forum and you probably have this problem fixed already........but your issue is with the tucker finger adjustments ....since they are not shown in the video cant tell for sure the issue but either they are not picking the twine and moving it or they are out of adjustment........they should pick up the second string of twine that enters the video with the needle and move it further to tward the rear of the baler at a similar angle to the first twine so the second twine does not get grabed by the bill hook when it opens ...the billhook should grab both pieces of twine further into the rotation cycle ... if this doesnt help you it may help someone else down the road ....good luck..

if you got the problem already fixed ....please post your fix
    Last edited by ttazzman; 03-09-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Roger47 likes this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    new to forum and you probably have this problem fixed already........but your issue is with the tucker finger adjustments ....since they are not shown in the video cant tell for sure the issue but either they are not picking the twine and moving it or they are out of adjustment........they should pick up the second string of twine that enters the video with the needle and move it further to tward the rear of the baler at a similar angle to the first twine so the second twine does not get grabed by the bill hook when it opens ...the billhook should grab both pieces of twine further into the rotation cycle ..
    Good catch. I was trying to see what was happening and it was going by too fast. I paused in the right spot tonight and saw that only one twine was being grabbed by the bill hook. Looks like something else going on (or not going on) as well as the twine seems to break.
    ttazzman likes this.
    2032R classic, H130 Loader, 46 Backhoe, 54" Snowblower,
    214 (1978), 46 mower with powerflow bagger, 31 tiller, 37A snow thrower
    some other stuff

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements