Hay tedder discussion Deere/Frontier

Thread: Hay tedder discussion Deere/Frontier

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks

Hay tedder discussion Deere/Frontier

I have this pequea fluffer type pto powered tedder which is kind of slow and obviously is not what any of my neighbors seem to be using. I went to the closest Deere dealer the largest on of their seven storefronts and went to the sales side for a change. I said I was intrested in a tedder but would rather have one that said Deere on it than Frontier. I was informed there were two models branded Frontier made by pequea and they could give me a better price on the Frontier one. Told me there was one out on the lot, which there wasn't or they could bring in a lighter one from another storefront. Why doesn't Deere want their name on tedders any more? I called Pequea which is located in New Holland Pa strangely, and they connected me to a very informative source. Yes the only difference between pequea and Deere is paint and decals for all practical purposes. I am pretty sure the lighter duty one is Kuhn and the same as a New Holland 163. That is kind of what I was wanting to discuss, There are both deere and frontier disc mowers.

I found a new holland 162 which I also think is made by or Kuhn and looks like a Deere model 751 I see on tractorhouse.com. I also see deere models 752 and 754 which seem to fold up the same way. Does anyone know if besides the draw bar neck and guards is there any much difference in the deere models. I am comfortable with both deere and NH for parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 07:35 PM
    Thanks
    From what I was told by a JD guy, Kuhn technology in a given year will be JD the following year or the next.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-19-2013 @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    We have two Kuhns that we have good luck with. My cousin runs the local John Deere and he was telling me that there was another brand that they carry I cant think of right now that he says he thinks is a little better than the Kuhn for tedder but I think Kuhn makes top notch products. The new John Deere Hay cutters are made by Kuhn. If you scrape the green paint you will actually see the orange under it. Price goes up with that green paint

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Not sure what I had in mind initially but the point I think I wanted to discuss is why is there no John Deere tedder. There are two frontier tedders the heavier one (perhaps ones) is a pequea I don't recall the lighter one's sourcing. I thought it was kind of unfair to give me the pequea color brochure and not want to sell one. The price goes down with frontier green paint as opposed to pequea paint at least in Marietta Ohio. There seemed to be a gap in salesman territory that day if you didn't have 300 acres in hay they didn't have the time of day for you but had a lot full of lawn mower sized stuff and up.

I ended up getting a fanex which vicon if it is a mower. I got a six rotor one that folds back instead of up for not much more than a four rotor genuine deere/kuhn one used and close to half of the pequea one that folds up new. Then I found out how many recalls it has had and why it was for sale. It is pretty heavy built and needed a few days of metal fabrication to re engineer. Then I found out they would have given me updated parts for free but not re engineered like I did. One can turn tight enough with a six rotor that the inside rotor stays in one place or even goes backwards. Kind of goes down hill from the weight of it.
    Last edited by Fran_K; 02-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements