Like Tree34Likes

Thread: ??? about People in Windows 10

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts

??? about People in Windows 10

Most of you know I had to buy new laptop the other day, had it working 99% and did something and lost everything.
    Had to do a reimage so lost everything except for a few things. Thankfully I had done a history backup or what ever it is called.

So after getting my email going , looking for my contacts.
    Friday or Saturday when I opened Mail (micronot is not using Live Mail..) People (app)was located in the bottom of the Mail opened app.

Opened Mail this evening, nope People (app)wasn't and still isn't located in the opened Mail app.

So how can People (app) be added or attached to Mail.

I can find no where on how to import or export anything to the People app..old contact files.

Did find that these files are in the Outlook account if I have a Micronot account. Have one signed in and now have my contacts or People contacts.

Don't have Outlook on the new pc...

So My questions are mainly where in the H are these hidden in the hard drive, What is the file name and how do you import them into the People app.

Hope this makes sense...

Help!!!! Please

Thanks in advance for any info ..
    Gene
    pcabe5 and Old Cajun like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 977 Posts
    Was looking around, just for the heck of it, I didn't upgrade for Win 8.1 to Win 10 (Thank goodness!!!)

This is what one article said:
    Depending on where else you store your contacts in the cloud, you may be able to move them to People with very little work.
    (If you store them locally, you’ll have to move them to a cloud service first.)

Here is the address of the whole article from PC World:

How to manage Windows 10's People app | PCWorld
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    I use Windows 10 but have never used the People or Mail apps. I gave up on Microsoft for mail when they did away with Outlook Express. I'd recommend getting a gmail account since you're starting with a new computer. Good luck.
    pcabe5, coaltrain and Old Cajun like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    I use Windows 10 but have never used the People or Mail apps. I gave up on Microsoft for mail when they did away with Outlook Express. I'd recommend getting a gmail account since you're starting with a new computer. Good luck.
    I have a email account with Frontier,, I just don't like using Yahoo for the browser.. that is the reason for using some type program.

About 30 mins after posting this question found a [url]https://outlook.live.com/

Will do some more reading this app and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I don't use cloud or any other type program to save my files.

the only place I save them is locally. At least what I'm thinking is locally , with outlook and possibly what ever program I using maybe on the web.

Thanks
    pcabe5 and Old Cajun like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have a email account with Frontier,, I just don't like using Yahoo for the browser.. that is the reason for using some type program.

About 30 mins after posting this question found this outlook.live.com

Will do some more reading this app and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I don't use cloud or any other type program to save my files.

the only place I save them is locally. At least what I'm thinking is locally , with outlook and possibly what ever program I using maybe on the web.

Thanks
    Last edited by etcallhome; 03-07-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Old Cajun likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Yes.

Mrs. C had always used outlook express back in the day - then it was "mail" or something like that. I remember trying to get it to all work when I upgraded our computers to Windows 10. Gave up and set her up with a gmail account. The hardest part is to get her to change her usual ways - but once she got used to gmail she is doing fine with it.
    etcallhome, spferdil and Old Cajun like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Yes.

Mrs. C had always used outlook express back in the day - then it was "mail" or something like that. I remember trying to get it to all work when I upgraded our computers to Windows 10. Gave up and set her up with a gmail account. The hardest part is to get her to change her usual ways - but once she got used to gmail she is doing fine with it.
    Yeah, I got tired of every time I changed computers or operating systems my mail program and contacts had to be re-setup. I don't like using "the cloud" (I run my own "cloud" for most things) but they made a believer out of me on email. With gmail I can go to any computer and log in to my account and my mail, contacts, and calendar are all there and look the same on any computer without me doing anything. I can even access it on my Iphone, which mail and contacts are not a big deal to me there but I do like being able to look at my calendar when away from the computer.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Yeah, I got tired of every time I changed computers or operating systems my mail program and contacts had to be re-setup. I don't like using "the cloud" (I run my own "cloud" for most things) but they made a believer out of me on email. With gmail I can go to any computer and log in to my account and my mail, contacts, and calendar are all there and look the same on any computer without me doing anything. I can even access it on my Iphone, which mail and contacts are not a big deal to me there but I do like being able to look at my calendar when away from the computer.
    That is one of the reasons I got an iPod (no cell service here so no need for a cell phone). We get so many appointments with doctors and such I need to be able to view my calendar when making appointments. Also doesn't hurt if waiting for an important email as there is free WiFi all over the place.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    That is one of the reasons I got an iPod (no cell service here so no need for a cell phone). We get so many appointments with doctors and such I need to be able to view my calendar when making appointments. Also doesn't hurt if waiting for an important email as there is free WiFi all over the place.
    I'm not one to use free Wi-Fi. To much of a risk for my tastes.
    etcallhome and Old Cajun like this.

12. Top | #10
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Windows Live Mail! I use Gmail too, but usually only for sharing large video files.
    etcallhome, pcabe5 and Old Cajun like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520