Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ie11

1. Top | #1
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks

Ie11

Updated to latest browser. So far everything is normal. Keeping my fingers crossed though.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    I didn't know there was an update. I sure hope they have shared (e.g. cloud favorites) as an option that can be shared across multiple computers.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 04:36 PM
    Thanks
    My work PC updated automatically so I am now on IE11 as well. Everything I do for work still must be run in comparability mode but at least this time everything seems to still work, unlike IE10.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I found that IE11 and GTT didn't play nice with each other, so I went back to IE10. I had problems with pictures displaying and typing text would drop letters. I ran it in compatibility mode too without luck.

GTT's sister site Workshop Addict worked just fine with IE11.

In IE10, Microsquish made it easy to add a website to compatibility mode by clicking the broken page icon in the address bar. Not so in IE11, you have to go to the Tools pull-down menu and do a few other steps.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    As an IT security professional I can only recommend an alternate browser.

Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and ensure it stays updated. IE of any version is simply too full of vulnerabilities. Many of them which are 'zero day' exploits that currently have no fix and honestly might never be fixed.

Jim
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I hear you CyberShanks; but Firefart has problems with importing all my bookmarks, and Chrome is downright primitive in it's handling of bookmarks with its cascading menu nonsense.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
    As an IT security professional I can only recommend an alternate browser.

Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and ensure it stays updated. IE of any version is simply too full of vulnerabilities. Many of them which are 'zero day' exploits that currently have no fix and honestly might never be fixed.

Jim

Amen on the Firefox, but I am afraid I am not a fan of Google Chrome, although I really like my HTC Android phone and am on my second one. I just do not like the user environment of Chrome.

Although retired, I still do a lot of computer work and always recommend Firefox with certain add-ons that are very valuable.

1. and most important, WOT or Web of Trust. This identifies a bad web site and pops up a danger screen when accessing such a site.

2. Adblockplus. This one stops pop up ads.

3. BetterPrivacy. This one deletes the LSO cookies from Adobe Reader each time you close Firefox. These are known to be a hacker problem.

4. Hide Tab Bar with One Tab. This one is great for those of you who do not use or like tabs. Firefox no longer allows the tab bar to be turned off without the use of such an add-on.

5. NoScript. This one is not for everyone. I use it but it can be somewhat of a pain to use. It prevents all but the most basic display of a web page, until you specifically allow additional components to be displayed. If you use this one, you will be amazed at how many different elements are trying to be utilized on each page, many of them tracking elements. After using it for a while on your most accessed web sites, you can permanently allow those elements you trust, thereby allowing you to access those pages without further intervention. The good sites do not throw a bunch of these elements at you when accessing their web site. For example, deere.com does not do this.

Here are a couple of examples. GTT is fairly clean, but look at nbcnews.com to see how many elements or components are trying to load in addition to the base site. Some of these are necessary to properly display the web page and you can chose which ones to allow. The main point here is that you can prevent malicious code from running when you access a bad web page.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	printscreen.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	23917
    This is from the GTT web site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nbcnews.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	23918
    This is from the nbc news web site. Note how many elements are trying to load.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (12-28-2013), mjncad (12-13-2013)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    The Internet is a scary place these days. I'm with you on Chrome. I don't care for the interface of it either. I use Firefox on PC and Mac and the default Safari on the IOS devices.

I just see so many vulnerabilities with Internet Exploder that I routinely recommend my clients not use it unless a particular site requires it.

If you do insist with staying in IE you should at least practice a least privilege strategy. Have two accounts on your computer, one that you use daily that has no Administrative rights, and then one you can use when needed that has the higher rights.

If malware gets ahold of your browser and you have admin rights, it's usually game over for your machine.

While I can't tell you what I currently do, I can say that I'm not retired, I have been in the IT field for around 25 years covering Federal, State, Healthcare, and Financial industries.

Jim
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 08:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    GTT's sister site Workshop Addict worked just fine with IE11.
    When we installed the "Fluid Green" design on the forum, I had to make quite a few css additions and html adjustments to get the header design and other elements to work. That is probably why IE 11 has some problems in rendering correctly.
    Workshop addict's design works straight off the shelf 'cos all we did was add a graphic header.
    mjncad likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tech Guy For This Useful Post:

mjncad (12-14-2013)

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    It seems I did leave out one add-on for Firefox that I recommend for clients. Although it seems I use it less and less these days, it can still be important to add IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab) 4.12.22.2 by ietab.net in your add-ons. This add-on places an icon in the lower right corner of your screen, provided the add-on bar is selected in the VIEW menu. By clicking this icon, it changes the rendering engine to IE, while within Firefox, thereby allowing a quick change to IE if you encounter a web page that you feel does not display correctly in Firefox. However, you have just defeated all the security you have set up for Firefox. As I said previously, I rarely have to use this anymore. I question why anyone feels they have to design a web page that will only work in IE, unless they have malicious intent, which makes me stay away from them.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast