• 2 Post By Minuteman17

Thread: Exede Internet Service

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts

Exede Internet Service

Does anyone have any experience with Exede Internet Service, a satellite internet provider?

I thought that there was a possibility of another provider, but from the sound of their reply, I may not live long enough to see that.
    pcabe5, BigJim55, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:25 AM
    Thanks
    I have Wild Blue/Exede, been stuck with it for 8 years now. Overall it's not bad if you don't mind the latency. For web browsing I just got in the habit of Right Click>New Tab, that way I don't have to wait for a reload of the news or forum page I'm viewing after viewing the article/thread/item.

For when I am working from home, I have found satellite unbearable. That is mostly due to the number of devices I have to hop through to get things done. Usually it involves logging into the VPN just to get access to the network, then depending on the task, I have to RDP into a "Secret Server" session on an admin server, and from there I have to RDP in to one of my servers. With all that, a simple double-click is an iffy task. So for work, I use my company smartphone hotspot to ATT. We consistently get 2 bars of 4G LTE at the house.

I am seriously considering dropping our satellite internet and upgrading our cells to smartphones (yes, for personal phones we still have flip, voice only) and getting a data plan. Increased cost of cell plan would still be less than old cell plus satellite.
    pcabe5 and BigJim55 like this.
    Rudy-

Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Well, that isn't what I had hoped for. I talked to the installer/dealer last night and found out that my neighbor had it installed just a couple days before he left for Florida. He will be home in a couple weeks, so I can see what he has and how it works. I've dealt with crap service from Frontier for 3 1/2 years so another couple weeks isn't bad. I looked on their website, but I can't remember the name of the plan.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.
    pcabe5 and BigJim55 like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Thanks
    The cost didn’t sound so bad 10 years ago before they learned they could make plans with data caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

Forks soon. Blade for the loader. Rio mod.
    So much fun to be had!

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks

Sat internet stinks

Try Hughes.net. It isn't great, but in my experience it's better than Excede. Be sure to ask about the gen5 Hughes.net to get the best they have.
    DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements