Anyone experienced Search.conduit.com???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyone experienced Search.conduit.com???

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 660 Posts

Anyone experienced Search.conduit.com???

I have been getting this "search.conduit.com" coming up when I am browsing online. It seems to slow down my computer. I have searched this and it seems this is hijacking malware and it changes registry values, etc. Is there any way to easily get rid of this? I am running Firefox and AVG and also run Spybot periodically. Has anyone else experienced this malware? Anyone download and run SpyHunter?
    Last edited by ilmo; 09-08-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmo View Post
    I have been getting this "search.conduit.com" coming up when I am browsing online. It seems to slow down my computer. I have searched this and it seems this is hijacking malware and it changes registry values, etc. Is there any way to easily get rid of this? I am running Firefox and AVG and also run Spybot periodically. Has anyone else experienced this malware? Anyone download and run SpyHunter?
    Download and run Malwarebytes from Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software. You may also have to go to Add-ons in Firefox and remove it there. I have run into this several times on peoples computers and have always been able to get rid of it.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    OMG, good luck my friend, I fought this battle a while ago and it was tough to get rid of! Here is part of my story, and how I first noticed it: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ts-online.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I don't ever see a Conduit Toolbar. If it has installed on my computer, I don't see it. I have nothing in my Firefox Add-Ons showing any conduit installed. The times I see search.conduit.com is in the lower left corner of my screen and it shows up when I jump from to different websites. Is this when you can tell it is present? Are there other clues as to where it might be stored on my computer?
    2013 1025R
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmo View Post
    there are many search engines and other programs that will download theirselves into your computer. Many are attached to something that you download. If you do get a program that you do not want use these steps.

click on the windows icon

click on programs and features

click on the program you don't want

RIGHT click on the program you don't want then click on uninstall
    Last edited by gimmo; 09-08-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: loft out a step
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Just search the term "conduit" from the start button, I was finding folders and files everywhere-some I could delete and some I couldn't. It was a real nightmare for me.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I see nothing in the Programs and Features that refer to Conduit. It does not exist there.

The only time I see that it is present is in the lower left corner when I am web surfing between my favorite sites. It will show up there as the computer and ISP is processing my next command to go the next website. When it shows up the process is slowed down drastically and when it does not appear the process is fast and smooth. IE; going from GTT to Weather.com to Yahoo to GTT. I hope this all makes sense as I am not sure how to explain it any differently.
    Last edited by ilmo; 09-08-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    2013 1025R
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Are you viewing/searching hidden files? Maybe you have something different, I'm just trying tot prelate what happened to me.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Just search the term "conduit" from the start button, I was finding folders and files everywhere-some I could delete and some I couldn't. It was a real nightmare for me.
    Nothing shows up referring to <search.conduit> <conduit> or other. Files show up, but I created those files and they refer to things like electrical conduit or pipe conduit.
    2013 1025R
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Are you viewing/searching hidden files? Maybe you have something different, I'm just trying tot prelate what happened to me.
    I have my settings so that I can view hidden files and folders.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    2013 1025R
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast