Slowed down computer issues fixed, i hope.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Slowed down computer issues fixed, i hope.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks

Slowed down computer issues fixed, i hope.

Well, my 8 year old laptop has been getting slower and slower, moreso over the past 3 months it seems.
    I decided to try out the FixMyPC site, and, it honestly seems to be running as quick as when I first purchased it.
    Haven't seen any annoying pop-ups, and just seems everything is working up to snuff now.
    The initial contact I had with them was at a cost of $19.95, whereby they scan your computer for you and determine just what IS wrong with it. It turns out I had over 4,000 separate issues slowing down my computer.
    Next, they offered a service to repair all the systems on my computer, via remote access to their tech. service, at a cost of $99.00.
    I figured, what the heck, if they can do what they say for that price and keep me from having to spend $800.00 +- on a new PC, lets go for it.
    Long story short, in about 3 hours time, they had it working like brand new again.
    I'm not a salesman, just an old tired/retired Mechanical Engineer, and, for what it's worth, I'm quite pleased with the results.
    Just thought I'd share this info and experience from my end as a consumer of their product, and I give them a thumbs-up.
    Last edited by Bill Berger; 10-23-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    Gizmo2 and Texkev like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Not a bad deal at all, nice that it runs like new. Also nice to see a service like that actually work well. Mine had the same issue and my main problem was the startup took forever, After installing various programs and uninstalling, it really cause my laptop to suffer in performance.
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Since I got rid of all the pay for virus protection programs and went with "Microsoft Security Essentials" plus "Ccleaner"* I don't get all that slowing down addons anymore. Ccleaner also gives one the ability to adjust the start up items just as Windows does (only it's easier).

I'm always suspicious of a "cleaner" when it finds so many issues, but I guess if a computer isn't maintained regularly they build up. I've been running trouble free since using the above programs.

* I do throw Piraform Ccleaner a $20 every six or eight months or so because their tech folks handled a problem for me a few years ago. It was fairly involved but they got it right. Ccleaner removes "stuff" that IE leaves when closing even when you have the proper boxes checked...

(Description) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    (Download) CCleaner - Download
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Thanks for the critique Bill Berger. This kind of stuff is what makes this forum what it is, helpful.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Another big vote for Microsoft Security Essentials. Just sayin!
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Another big vote for Microsoft Security Essentials. Just sayin!
    Maybe I just don't see the big picture...but isn't it Microsofts fault in the first place all these bad things happen? Then you rely on them to "fix" everything that shouldn't be broken in the first place?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Maybe I just don't see the big picture...but isn't it Microsofts fault in the first place all these bad things happen? Then you rely on them to "fix" everything that shouldn't be broken in the first place?
    Exactly. Would you take your John Deere tractor to a Kubota dealer to get fixed? Like say, a bad drive shaft on a 2320? But this isn't the case or point, is Microsoft's software really bad or broke because someone else decided to alter it? I figure, It's not a tire manufactures fault if someone throws nails in your driveway and you get a flat tire.
    With over 40 years in the computer/IT industry I must say I am very comfortable with Microsoft Security Essentials,,,, for now.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 10-24-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Keith

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks
    I can say one thing for sure, the money saved on addressing my computer issues will now head towards buying the JD 54" blade and hydraulic system for it from Muttons.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    I can say one thing for sure, the money saved on addressing my computer issues will now head towards buying the JD 54" blade and hydraulic system for it from Muttons.
    Got to love it when a plan comes together.
    Bill Berger likes this.
    Keith

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks
    I finally resolved all my desktop computer issues to my complete satisfaction. Took it outside, with a single blast from the 20 gauge shotgun, 6 rounds from the Glock 9mm and for insurance all six rounds from my dirty harry special, 44 magnum, I finally found peace after the smoke cleared & the parts fell back to earth.

Then, as I was sitting there, I got out the JD 855, loaded the remains into the 1500 cart & buried this pile of useless diodes, chips & recycled scrap metal from Ho Chi Min city. I'm a happy person again.

glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 1 others like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maddog For This Useful Post:

pappa (04-06-2015)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast