Like Tree329Likes

Thread: Strange phone call today?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts

Strange phone call today?

has anyone ever been called on the phoneand said ur Windows license is up?

is there such a thing??

i think its just a scam for

what can anyone tell me about this license stuff? thanks!
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Thanks
    SCAM
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fdmars For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (07-16-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fdmars View Post
    SCAM
    yeah i thought that too-but these crooks are really getting creative--this was a woman on a pre-recorded message-and let me tell uns--she had one smooth voice-sexy i guess is what a fella would call it

a couple yrs ago-i had some guy who sounded like a middle eastern voice call me for a dozen times-telling me my windows was messing up. i told him to go get a real job even if it was only flipping burgers-instead of trying to con people out of their money-crooks-he hung up on me that day.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    yeah i thought that too-but these crooks are really getting creative--this was a woman on a pre-recorded message-and let me tell uns--she had one smooth voice-sexy i guess is what a fella would call it

a couple yrs ago-i had some guy who sounded like a middle eastern voice call me for a dozen times-telling me my windows was messing up. i told him to go get a real job even if it was only flipping burgers-instead of trying to con people out of their money-crooks-he hung up on me that day.
    I think maybe I'll have Christy call you, and tell you that your John Deere license has expired. You cannot use your tractor again until you pay us!
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks

is there such a thing??

That's an old scam.

The current one I've been getting is the "You paid us for Windows support 2 months ago and we're calling to run a scan on your computer to make sure it's clear of malware..."

Oh? Well if I signed up then what's my name? What do you mean you don't know?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    I think maybe I'll have Christy call you, and tell you that your John Deere license has expired. You cannot use your tractor again until you pay us!
    SHHHHHHH!!!!!! I hope ColonyPark doesn't see this. He pays me well. Monthly.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Definitely a scam..... There are so many out there today, it is maddening. I keep getting the same call every day or two that starts out as a recording, so I just let them run on and they will leave me a short voice mail msg. After checking the voice mail and confirming it is the same scam, I block the number. The problem is, they are spoofing phone numbers and the call comes in from a bunch of different numbers. However, I can now see that at least some of the calls are showing up as blocked, so maybe I am making progress.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Thanks

is there such a thing??

These people are coming out of the woodwork again, I get these all the time, along with one that my Apple Icloud account has been breached (don't even use Apple) and of course the never-ending auto warranties offers. New scams around here lately are someone claiming to be soliciting for some law enforcement agency, all local agencies say they never solicit by phone. We get more scam calls than legit ones any more, I just hang up as soon as they start their spiel, also block the number but they just get another one.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Ha! The same automated idiot just called back again and now wants me to call them because they've been "forced to shut down the company". I'm supposed to call to get my "refund" for the tech support I never paid for.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Do you folks have caller ID? Why answer the phone if it number you don’t know?

I’ve been using Nomorobo for a couple years now which works great - and free for VoIP phones.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast