• 1 Post By meburdick

Thread: Free month of Cellular Service on Straight Talk if you join

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Free month of Cellular Service on Straight Talk if you join

Hi, All.

I've had cell phones / smart phones on three of the four major carriers over the last 15 years (never been a Sprint user). In the last few years, there has been a significant increase in what are known as MVNO's (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). In a nutshell, a MVNO is company that purchases "very large" quantities of minutes and data from a major carrier and then re-sells them to consumers. The major carriers benefit by having their networks being in a "sold state" (they are bringing in revenue), the MVNO's benefit by making money on the resale to consumers, and the consumer benefits by being able to purchase services at a much lower cost than buying direct.

Typically, MVNO's operate as pre-paid wireless services so that there's no "bill collection" to worry about. You don't pay, they shut you off. Less overhead on their part which helps them keep costs down.

I moved my services from an AT&T post-paid account (the more typical type of account that we mostly have been used to) to a Straight Talk pre-paid account about 18 months ago. My daughter did the same thing three and a half years ago.

I cut my bill almost in half when I made the move and gave up pretty much nothing in the process. I still use AT&T services from AT&T towers (exactly the same as before) with a couple of "frills" removed (I can't use my phone as a hot spot any more, but I almost never did this anyhow).

Straight Talk has a rewards program that you can join and you can earn points with them that you can redeem towards things like a free month of service. They are running a promo right now that will net new, referred users a free month of service (via earning enough points for a free month). If anyone has been thinking about switching their service and might be interested, let me know and I can get you the referral.

Happy to answer questions about making sure you can switch, what you need to do, etc.

Disclaimer: As the referrer, I would also get a free month of service.
    glc likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks
    That seems like a decent deal for sure. I couldn't do that being I have Xfinity for everything. TV, internet, land line phone, and Xfinity Mobile for cell phone. I feel what we pay monthly is a pretty good deal. My opinion of course.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520