New using Web browser Google Chrome , Did I make a Mistake?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New using Web browser Google Chrome , Did I make a Mistake?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts

New using Web browser Google Chrome , Did I make a Mistake?

I have two Net books which run Windows XP. I have been running into various issues where video drivers and other things in some instances are no longer supported and will not work on the Internet Explorer. I downloaded Google Chrome browser and holy cow, it works terribly with the XP.

It constantly won't load or find pages and it is slower than Internet explorer. Does anyone else use the Chrome as your web browser with XP? How about other browser options like FireFox, etc.?

I have other computers which run windows 7 but they are not physically where it is easiest for me to be on the forums in the night time. I HATE Windows 8 point whatever and want no part off that or anything newer than 7.

Just wondering if there are others who run Chrome with XP and if you have had any issues with frozen pages and stuff not downloading? Also interested in other web browsers such as Firefox, etc. running with Windows XP.

Thanks for your input. By the way, I typed this entire posting in Chrome and it froze up and dumped me out so I fired up the old Internet Explorer and here I am......Just love doing things twice.
    johnH123 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks
    Although I am a fan of Android(Google) phones, I hate Chrome. I have found a number of instances where removal of Chrome made the PC run much faster. Plus I just hate the interface. I use Firefox exclusively and it runs fine on XP.

Windows 7 is the best, by far, however, I can make Windows 8 look and act like Windows 7, if that becomes necessary to you. Just let me know.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:12 PM
    Thanks
    used to.. but never had that happen.

that was the best computer i ever had
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    used to.. but never had that happen.

that was the best computer i ever had
    I miss XP too!
    johnH123 likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    it dumped me out
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I miss XP too!
    im ok with 8.1... good but, not as good
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Although I am a fan of Android(Google) phones, I hate Chrome. I have found a number of instances where removal of Chrome made the PC run much faster. Plus I just hate the interface. I use Firefox exclusively and it runs fine on XP.

Windows 7 is the best, by far, however, I can make Windows 8 look and act like Windows 7, if that becomes necessary to you. Just let me know.

Dave
    Well, I have been away dumping the Chrome back into the garbage bin. Rebooted my computer and it runs MUCH, MUCH better, actually like it did before. That experiment turned into a nightmare real quick. So much for Google's flawless reputation.......

Thank you very much for your posting. I will be switching to FireFox soon but I have had enough computer fun for today......The occasional issues I have been running into with Explorer are nothing compared to the instant mess that Chrome made of my little NetBook.

Thanks again.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    I have signed into GTT so many times this afternoon that the Moderators must think I have lost my mind. I haven't ever signed in this many times in what was supposed to be one session.

Not to mention I typed 4 other responses which were lost when I selected the review posting button. It threw me to the curb and for some odd reason, kept taking me to an Xfinity Comcast sign in page, with whom I have never had an account and I don't even have a wireless system enabled in my home for reasons which are too long to get into here.....

Oh well, back to what has been working just fine....

Thanks again for the responses.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts
    Tried Chrome for maybe 2hrs it might have only been 15 mins ,,hated it completely ..
    Needless to say like you,, it was removed and much happier.
    Last edited by etcallhome; 04-02-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have signed into GTT so many times this afternoon that the Moderators must think I have lost my mind. I haven't ever signed in this many times in what was supposed to be one session.

Not to mention I typed 4 other responses which were lost when I selected the review posting button. It threw me to the curb and for some odd reason, kept taking me to an Xfinity Comcast sign in page, with whom I have never had an account and I don't even have a wireless system enabled in my home for reasons which are too long to get into here.....

Oh well, back to what has been working just fine....

Thanks again for the responses.
    You may notice that sometimes when typing a post, it will show, "Auto-saved" in the lower right hand corner. It does this automatically, with no help from you. But it can be very helpful, when you have typed a long post, and get booted. When you get back in, go back to the thread you were typing for, then hit reply. Under the area you type in, it will show something to the effect of "restore". If you click on that, it will recover what you had, that was auto-saved. Want to guess how I learned that?
    dieselshadow, BigJim55 and gbnpp05 like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

RichBaxter (04-03-2015), SulleyBear (04-03-2015)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast