Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Randog
  • 1 Post By MDrew
  • 2 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Issue with saved video files

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts

Issue with saved video files

I have a bunch of saved video files from my Go Pro knockoff cameras which when I play the video file, it only plays for 2 or 3 seconds and the progress bar across the video screen acts as if that's the entire video. But the file size is anywhere from 1GB to 1.3 GB and the file length is typically 10 minutes of video recording.

The file type is AVI.

My knowledge of videos and these systems is minimal.

Some of the video files play normally. Many do not.

Any ideas why with such a large file, its only playing for 2 seconds as if that is the entire video, when the actual file is much larger?

Is this a setting issue or something I could easily change? I have videos I would like to upload to Youtube, but with this issue affecting probably 8 out of 10 videos I have saved, its causing me trouble. Of the 60 video files I have saved, I can play maybe 8 or 10 them as they should and the rest all give me the same response. The image shows and when I click play, the progress bar flashes across the bottom of the video and in 2 seconds, the video stops as if it is done.

I had downloaded a video editing program last year called NCH Videopad, and I am wondering if that somehow is causing the issue. The video files are all stored on my laptop C drive.....

Any ideas or suggestions?

I would like to record several new videos but I don't want to spend the time recording if the files don't play. By the way, I have two different Go Pro knock off cameras and it doesn't seem to matter which camera recorded the video. Also, the files all played normally in the past. So I have no idea what I changed to cause this issue.....

Thanks in advance for any help in restoring these files to usefulness.............There are some really good snow plowing videos and also mowing through brush taller than the cab of the tractor I would like to post.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Thanks
    I would have offered some advice but you know how I am with the pictures, so I'm pretty sure you don't want any help from me!
    SulleyBear and kylew like this.
    2016 1025R FILB: Loaded R4's - 72# Starters - 60" MMM - Mechanical lift - 260 BH - H120 - 53" bucket - Ballast box - 647 Tiller - JD 40 gal 3 pt sprayer
    2003 X595: R3's - 62C MMM - 3 pt hitch - 47" blower - 80 cart - Brinly 24x36 roller - Parker lawn sweeper - 10 suitcase weights
    1994 445: Sold
    2004 X485 AWS:
    Sold

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks
    What are you using to view the files? You might try VLC Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts
    It appears that somehow one of the settings in the camera got changed as I used two cameras at the same time yesterday to record while I was mowing and the one camera did exactly as it should and the other recorded a 2 second video every 10 minutes, which is the length to which the files are set to record. I just reset the camera back to "stock settings" or whatever they call it and I ran some test video and it recorded properly.

I will try the camera which I reset out on the tractor and see how it does. In the meantime, I am going to also use the other one right next to it just in case.

But for now, it appears that resetting the camera settings resolved the problem.

Thanks for those who replied, even Double W's (Woody and Winnie's) dad who has issues with photo's himself......

I did find 4 32gb memory cards yesterday from recording this past winter while snow plowing and it appears all of those files are OK and play correctly. Now I just have to edit those and I can post them.........
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 09-06-2019 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added info
    Randog and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements