Computer back from shop and round stuff is squooshed.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Texkev
  • 1 Post By Old Cajun
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold
  • 2 Post By Old Cajun

Thread: Computer back from shop and round stuff is squooshed.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks

Computer back from shop and round stuff is squooshed.

2 weeks in the shop for a new video card, another week of re-wiring all my stuff and neatening up... Turned on the machine and display is very different from when I sent it in. For instance, "START" circle and everything round is oval and entry boxes are squashed and stretched in programs and web pages. I've been to every web help page I can find and it seems there is no easy way to reset Vista Home Premium back to default. I've also been through every iteration of settings in "display", DPI, "Personalization", "Themes", etc. that I could find and nothing will change the aspect ratio. They change a bunch of stuff, but not this problem.

Before I have to go back to the repair man (not sure I'll use him again), does anyone have a suggestion for something I've missed? Thanks!!!
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    the aspect you go to tools, and then click options. then go to the advanced tab, then choose which one you want...

As far as restoring to default, what brand PC is it? Normally this has to d with the MFG and is done that way through 1 of their settings.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    2 weeks in the shop for a new video card, another week of re-wiring all my stuff and neatening up... Turned on the machine and display is very different from when I sent it in. For instance, "START" circle and everything round is oval and entry boxes are squashed and stretched in programs and web pages. I've been to every web help page I can find and it seems there is no easy way to reset Vista Home Premium back to default. I've also been through every iteration of settings in "display", DPI, "Personalization", "Themes", etc. that I could find and nothing will change the aspect ratio. They change a bunch of stuff, but not this problem.

Before I have to go back to the repair man (not sure I'll use him again), does anyone have a suggestion for something I've missed? Thanks!!!
    Vista??????????????????
    How old is the box?
    tj1 likes this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    can't help u hydroharold at all on this, this is wa---y over my head

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 660 Posts
    Does <CTRL> +, <CTRL> - change anything?
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Texkev View Post
    the aspect you go to tools, and then click options. then go to the advanced tab, then choose which one you want...

As far as restoring to default, what brand PC is it? Normally this has to d with the MFG and is done that way through 1 of their settings.
    PC is a dual processor HP "Media Center" (lots if jacks).

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Vista??????????????????
    How old is the box?
    Yes... "VISTA"! The box is an '07 replacing a '99 Gateway running W98! I like to get milage out of all my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    can't help u hydroharold at all on this, this is wa---y over my head
    Sadly, over mine too, but I'm learning about all the settings very quickly unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by ilmo View Post
    Does <CTRL> +, <CTRL> - change anything?
    That is the same as CTRL + Mouse Wheel up/down scaling the web pages. Won't work on programs, pictures, icons, etc. Guess I'll call the repair guy and see what he sez... (I hate this computer dung!"
    Old Cajun likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    PC is a dual processor HP "Media Center" (lots if jacks).

Yes... "VISTA"! The box is an '07 replacing a '99 Gateway running W98! I like to get milage out of all my stuff!
    8 year old machine running Vista, don't spend too much money on it trying to repair it.

As far as getting max mileage, I ran my old Gateway 1998 with a Pentium II 400 Mhz processor till 1 year ago, bought it
    with Win 98, upgraded to XP when it came out, upgraded hard drives and max out the Ram memory
    I could put in it.
    In the end it was taking 5 minutes to boot up and wasn't handling half the web pages because of processor speed, Microsoft
    quit supporting XP, so I bought a new one, even a retired electronic tech like me can get just so much blood out of a turnip.

Cajun
    HydroHarold and tj1 like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements