• 1 Post By meburdick

Thread: Resizing images on iPad

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts

Resizing images on iPad

I am probably missing something obvious here, but....

I have been using my iPad a lot more lately - very convenient in my chair. But when dealing with images I have always gone to my desktop PC (which is upstairs) and my fairly good image processing programs.

My little P&S camera is neat in that I can wirelessly transfer pics from it to my iPad. I have now been in the habit of reducing my image sizes before posting on the web - mostly because on the ongoing problems here at GTT. So I have my camera always set to the largest image size because if I end up with a really good pic I want to have the ability to edit/process it.

On my iPad I have the photos app that comes standard with it plus a nice app from AcDSee (my favorite desktop image program). Even in that one which is a decent app there is no way to resize pics. Yes, you can crop them but that is not what I want to do. I simply want to resize them from 4000x3000 to 1200x(xxxx).

Looking on the web all I find is a process of email the pic to yourself and being able to resize it during that process. To me that is a ridiculous work around.

So what am I missing?
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Have you tried any of the free apps from the App Store? Do a search for "resize photos" to get a list of apps, look through, check the reviews, and give some a try. Many of them claim to be able to "scale" photos, but that doesn't seem to mean that you can actually reduce the resolution and resulting file size.

I found one called BatchResizer2 that seems like it would do what you want, but I don't know if there's an iPad-specific version (this one was for the iPhone). If not, load the iPhone version - it should work fine.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Sent you a time-sensitive PM as well.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Problem solved thanks to meburdick.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Glad it worked out for you, Stan. It was a total fluke that I saw this thread on the same day that I got a notice of a paid app being made available free in the iTunes App Store that did exactly what you were looking for. I grabbed a copy for myself while I was at it.

coaltrain likes this.
    ---

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements