• 1 Post By meburdick

Thread: Can't watch You Tube???

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts

Can't watch You Tube???

First, I use Internet Explorer for pretty much everything. It's what I started with on my first computer and I'm used to it. Also I'm not tech savy. On this computer I have Google or google chrome whatever it's called, the red, yellow, green circle thing. I had google's toolbar once and it screwed my computer up so I disabled it.
    Here is my problem. I watch You Tube using IE, till about a week ago. Now it telling me I have to have a flash player to watch now. I had a flash player but just to see what was going on I went ahead and up dated it to the latest version. Still can't watch You Tube and it still tells me I have to have a flash player. I checked everything I could think of and I do have it and it is in working order. If someone on here puts a video in a post I can watch it, no problem. But if I try to watch another video after watching the one that's posted it goes back to telling me I have to have a flash player.
    Here is where I don't like what is going on. I can click on the google thing and put in You Tube and it goes to it and I can watch You Tube all I want. I'm not a google fan and prefer not to use it. Does anyone know what is going on? I don't have a clue at this point.
    I've been told IE isn't the way to go but I'm used to it and I don't want to re-learn how to do things when what I have worked.
    I have Windows 7 and intel Core i5, if that means anything. And no I don't want to get Windows 10. I also use McAfee. Did google make it so I have to use it to watch You Tube now? And if so, can I do something to bypass them? I think this problem started when the Windows 10 update quit being free. Is that my problem?
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    I have Win7 and IE 11 and I have no problems with any YouTube video. One suggestion... try a Google search of the exact message you are getting and see if any of the posted solutions help with your problem.
    Levi likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks
    Levi, YouTube began moving away from needing Flash for videos last year. The new format uses the video streaming capabilities built in to HTML5 (the latest standard for displaying web pages).

I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer you are running, but here is the instructions for resetting IE 11 from the Microsoft Web Site:
    You can reset Internet Explorer settings to what they were when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that may be caused by settings changed after installation. Note that resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Close all Internet Explorer windows. Select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
    Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
    In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
    When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.
    Levi likes this.
    Tom

2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    How about starting with understanding what version of IE you have. With IE running, click on the Help menu then choose About Internet Explorer. Let us know what it shows for a version.
    johnH123 likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    How about starting with understanding what version of IE you have. With IE running, click on the Help menu then choose About Internet Explorer. Let us know what it shows for a version.
    This is what it did: It popped up a small box window. In it, it says:
    Internet Explorer 11
    version: 11.0.9600.184261C
    Update Version: 11.0.34(KB3175443)
    Product ID: 0015-20000-00003-AA459
    on this line it has a square that is checked and the says: Install new versions automatically
    ©2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
    another small box with CLOSED inside. This only closes the whole window.
    Last edited by Levi; 08-13-2016 at 06:31 PM.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I know that isn't the absolute latest version of IE, but I don't know if there are newer versions for Windows 7. Still, it's fairly recent.

Here are some things you could try: https://www.iskysoft.com/online-vide...-explorer.html
    Levi likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meburdick For This Useful Post:

Levi (08-17-2016)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements