Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Best Buy...Really?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks

Best Buy...Really?

Found a TV on Best buy at a sale price. I ordered it on line. The sale went through. On the day it was supposed to be delivered, I checked the order status & it showed the order was canceled. Did some research & I see the model I ordered is now at full price & sale price is gonzo. When I call them to find out why, the reps (I've called four times with the same result) tell me they don't know why & they will transfer my call into "Primary Support" but it never gets to Primary Support, it get's disconnected.

It's like going to the Emergency Room, but no one cares if you live or die because they just leave you out in the hallway. I never was sent an email or a call telling me the order was canceled. I then checked my credit card & found that they did not charge my card, but I do have an email receipt showing the order number & payment as being accepted. My wife is really upset over this & disappointed because she was saving her pennies for two years for a big TV. I'm not too upset over it because these stupid TV sales come & go monthly so I'm sure it will become available sooner or later. Besides where we live, the only thing we have is satellite service from a satellite launched back in 1980 & I'm in no hurry to watch images of people I don't know with nose hairs & wrinkles in UHD. What customer abuse these stores get away with.

As a kid I remember buying TV's radios, records, toaster's & blender's from the local TV & appliance shop on main street. Independently owned & always a red carpet rolled out for the customer. Now I have to live with an upset wife until I straighten this out. And as you all know, if the wife ain't happy, no one else is happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    It happens. It isn't right, but that's internet sales- detached and impersonal. Cheaper Than Dirt got real famous for doing this- taking an order, cancelling it, then you find out that it isn't out of stock, they raised the price.
    DRobinson, Maddog, Levi and 3 others like this.
    Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hodge For This Useful Post:

Maddog (11-30-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Having worked there for 8 years in their hay day it pains me to see what they have become. I won't shop there. The last tv I bought was at Walmart and it was cheaper and in stock. If you haven't had one of the new flat screens they are very light and easy to handle. Between now and Christmas you will have plenty of chances to buy. Good Luck
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifterbike For This Useful Post:

Maddog (12-01-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I rarely step into Best Buy, unless it's for shopping for Christmas. Generally, my boy likes to look over the selection and when he picks out what he likes, I order online. Even the routers, switches, and cabling are overly expensive in there.

They are a legacy and I'm not sure how they stay in business. I'd much rather go to MicroCenter: better prices and support.
    glc, pcabe5, Maddog and 3 others like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TickTock For This Useful Post:

Maddog (12-01-2016)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    It happens. It isn't right, but that's internet sales- detached and impersonal. Cheaper Than Dirt got real famous for doing this- taking an order, cancelling it, then you find out that it isn't out of stock, they raised the price.
    I forgot that place existed. After probably 20 successful orders I started getting the shaft, so I dropped them like a hot potato.
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    It sucks that this happened to you, but I understand your view of there being a TV sale "somewhere" every other week.

Try Amazon as they have a price guarantee for TVs and will also match other retailers. You can also try eastcoasttvs.com - I've ordered from them before and had decent results. You should also take a look at Costco, BJs, and Sam's Club - even if you aren't a member, you might be able to buy with a free trial membership or the cost of the membership might more than offset the savings on the TV and you'd be able to take advantage of other items at a discount too.
    pcabe5, Maddog, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meburdick For This Useful Post:

Maddog (12-01-2016)

13. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks
    I hate going to best buy. I only go to try to keep the wife in line.
    The place makes me feel like I need a shower.
    To be fair, I feel the same about Kmart, Kohls, Penny's, Walmart any of the big outfits.
    None of those places sell anything I want.
    Only Store I'm OK with is Fleet Farm.
    pcabe5, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

14. Top | #8
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    That's a raw deal and not willing to fix the mistake says a lot of the company. I shop rarely at Best Buy because they usually are not the best buy.

As others have said, between now and New Years there will be deals to be had.
    BigJim55 likes this.

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Interestingly, I just realized tonight that they shafted me, too.

I ordered two items last week off of their web site. Both were listed as "Open Box" and both also stated that the condition of the item was "Excellent". According to their terms and definitions, Excellent means that the item looks new, functions like new, and contains all original parts. The box may not be original, and the manual may be missing.

Of the two items I ordered, they both came in the original box. One is missing the manual, but it isn't important for that item. The larger "main" item, however, is missing a number of parts and the box is very beat up. I called my local store to ask what could be done and they offered me a $10 credit (which would force me to spend with them) for parts that are not available for purchase, even from the manufacturer.

I called the store that shipped the item and they wouldn't take care of it since they aren't local to me. They transferred me to a national help number who also couldn't help me because it's an Open Box item and there are no parts. They told me to call back in the morning to talk with Post Purchase Support (I could have tried tonight, but the wait was well over two hours) to see what they can do to help.

I will call the store again in the morning that shipped it out in the first place and attempt to get them to remedy the situation by sending me the missing parts. I don't want to just bring it back to the local store for a refund because I got the stuff for roughly half price.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Thanks
    Dyson had a clearance on a certain upright vac,, that was discontinued.

My daughter ordered it,,, over a week later, she talked us into ordering one, because she liked it so much..

Well, we tried to order from Macys,, as she had done.
    After completing the order, a day later Macys informed us the order was canceled,,, it was out of stock.

That day, we ordered it directly from Dyson,,, the order went through,,, on line.

The next day we get all these strange emails,,, telling us something we had not ordered was on the way.
    Since Dyson was out of stock, they sent us the new, updated, more powerful vacuum.

They even included all the attachments that were to come with the original machine order,
    PLUS,, we got several more attachments.

Companies that do not take your money are crazy,,, we love the vacuum, and would recommend the company.
    That is worth more than a couple dollars profit,,,,
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and theduke like this.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast