Like Tree20Likes

Thread: From Chrome to Edge browser

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts

From Chrome to Edge browser

I've been using Chrome on my PC (Windows 7 & 10) for a couple years now without any problems. But lately I've noticed a couple strange things.

First was when I was on the Staples site - went to put a certain item in my cart but kept getting the message that it was out of stock at the following page. This item was noted on a "hot deals" site I frequent - I mentioned what was happening but others were still able to put it in their cart and check out. Just for fun I tried it with the Edge browser and everything worked as it should.

Also the past couple days when I would go to my Weather Underground page a couple things have been off. One thing was it was showing my current temp as 71° when it was 27°. The weird thing was that it shows my data had been updated within the last 15 seconds or so each time. I then tried it with Edge and it worked fine.

I found that Edge now allows browser extensions - awesome! I don't know when that started but am happy to use it now. I have to have my LastPass and AdBlockPlus extensions going or I can't stand it.

So working with Edge now to see how it goes. Just weird stuff happening with Chrome......
    Carvel Loafer and Levi like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have been using IE10. Just was not a big fan of Chrome and Edge, just me. Let me know it works out. I see your getting some snow. I also have the Davis VP2. The they are nice units. I did have my solar battery back go bad two years ago. But the station had been up for over 5 years.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...st?query=25427

One day I want to put a weather camera up on my 30' tower facing the N/NW. That seems to be where all the clouds come from.
    Levi, BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    I have been using IE10. Just was not a big fan of Chrome and Edge, just me. Let me know it works out. I see your getting some snow. I also have the Davis VP2. The they are nice units. I did have my solar battery back go bad two years ago. But the station had been up for over 5 years.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...st?query=25427

One day I want to put a weather camera up on my 30' tower facing the N/NW. That seems to be where all the clouds come from.
    My Davis VP2 has been running constanly for 12 years now! I had a little wired camera pointing out a window but couldn't see much as I am surrounded by mountains - I have very little view of the sky. Just can't justify the funds for a decent wireless camera since I know I have very little traffic/interest.

Thanks for your link - I added you to my favorites.

As far as Chrome - it seemed like only portions of certain websites were cached. I though it might have been a wunderground problem but not sure.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Thanks
    here is one possibility, says it changed in chrome thursday.

The tech giants of the world are continuing their efforts to make the web a safer place, and Google Chrome is leading the charge. On Thursday, the Silicon Valley tech giant announced that Chrome will begin marking HTTP pages as nonsecure if they collect passwords or credit card information. This, the company hopes, will encourage more sites to move toward HTTPS — and otherwise adhere to general security guidelines — in order to secure their traffic.
    HTTP Sites to be Marked Nonsecure by Chrome | Digital Trends

“To help users browse safely, Chrome indicates connection security with an icon in the address bar,” Google explained in its Chromium blog. “Historically, Chrome has not explicitly labeled HTTP connections as nonsecure,” but that changes starting in version 56. Over the next few weeks, site visitors will be warned when they land on an HTTP instead of HTTPS site — this is “part of a long-term plan to mark all HTTP sites as nonsecure,” Google said.
    I find I can use chrome for some functions, I use microsoft's for others, neither works for everything.
    Levi and coaltrain like this.
    2025r fel snowblower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post

I find I can use chrome for some functions, I use microsoft's for others, neither works for everything.
    Thanks for that - this may be part of what is happening.

I'm back to using Chrome today - just get used to what I am used to I guess. But now I know if I am having some sort of problem to try it with Edge.

I use Safari on my iPad and haven't had any issues.
    Levi likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post

I always thought that sites not marked HTTPS were unsecured sites. Isn't this what it is? So now they have to tell everyone. Sounds like the government. Telling us what we already know and making changes to make sure we adhere to it.
    grnspot110 and BigJim55 like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Coaltrain, it's most likely the cache in Chrome causing the issues.

Hit CTRL-Shift-DEL, select only "Cached image and files" and clear it out. Every browser can have this issue.

I only use Chrome and never have an issue.
    pcabe5, grnspot110, Levi and 1 others like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TickTock For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (12-10-2016)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Coaltrain, it's most likely the cache in Chrome causing the issues.

Hit CTRL-Shift-DEL, select only "Cached image and files" and clear it out. Every browser can have this issue.

I only use Chrome and never have an issue.
    Thanks - tried that....

OK - maybe this has something to do with this specific site. This is the page where my weather station data is uploaded every 10-20 seconds.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:1...9?sp=KPADRIFT1

This has been happening for the past couple days. Here is a screen shot of the current data section on that page - this is what I see in Chrome (which is obviously way off)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	278465

And this is what I see in Edge which is correct:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_3.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	278473

In the Chrome version which has the wrong data, it does say that the last data upload was 7 minutes ago but the Edge version says it was updated 9 seconds ago which is correct.

Just one of those little things that don't really matter that much but is driving me nuts!
    Levi likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    You might want to check and be sure that you're actually using the most current version of Chrome. It sometimes gets "stuck" between versions and won't properly upgrade itself.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    You might want to check and be sure that you're actually using the most current version of Chrome. It sometimes gets "stuck" between versions and won't properly upgrade itself.

Good advise - when I looked at my version it prompted me to update.

Still the same with the Weather Underground page.

But then I thought to try something - I changed my "home" weather station to another nearby one - then back to mine. Now it is working as it should. Don't know if the Chrome update helped or for some reason the webpage was stuck - but it works now!

Thanks for helping out guys - happy to continue using Chrome as I am used to it. Now maybe I will install it on my iPad so I can sync my bookmarks.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast