• 1 Post By 2LaneCruzer
  • 1 Post By 2LaneCruzer

Thread: Downloading Flash player?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks

Downloading Flash player?

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGG! I've tried for two hours to download Adobe Flash Player. The old version wouldn't work and I can't get the new version to download. I've uninstalled the older version and deleted all of the crap from my download file. I can get started, but the download manager from Adobe won't work, and the version in my download file won't work either. I'm about at my wit's end.
    Have wings, will travel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks
    I don't use their download manager. Try this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=KLXMF But be sure to uncheck the box where they want you to install their "optional" offer. This has always worked for me.

Dave
    Levi likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I don't use their download manager. Try this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=KLXMF But be sure to uncheck the box where they want you to install their "optional" offer. This has always worked for me.

Dave
    Thanks. That's the link I've been using. I can get to the download, but can't open it either from their window or from my download file. It's like there's nothing in the download.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Thanks. That's the link I've been using. I can get to the download, but can't open it either from their window or from my download file. It's like there's nothing in the download.
    What is your operating system??? Are you 64bit??? I will download it and pm you.

Thanks
    Davev
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Also, what browser are you using??

Dave
    etcallhome, BigJim55 and coaltrain like this.
    JD 4066R CAB

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    What is your operating system??? Are you 64bit??? I will download it and pm you.

Thanks
    Davev
    Windows XP, SP3 and I believe it's 32 bit, at least that's what Adobe said when I tried to download. I'm using Fire fox.
    Last edited by 2LaneCruzer; 01-24-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Something to read - sounds like your same issue They talk about having to uninstall the old version first.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1069861
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,583 Posts

Dave
    Used the website last evening, when without any problems. My guess and only a guess is Windows xp OP system.

That or Adobe won't allow new version on a unsupported OP system, at least that was the last word I heard of xp not being supported any more.

Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Finally got the update downloaded. Firefox allowed you to bypass the blocked flash player when you clicked on the youtube video, but with the caution that your version was out-of-date and vulnerable. The first couple of times I didn't notice that they had an update option. I clicked on it, and it worked! You still have to authorize the use of the flashplayer, but I think I'm good for now! Thanks everyone.
    coaltrain likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements