Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Soundbar syndrome?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks

Soundbar syndrome?

I wanted to ad a soundbar & sub woofer. to my 55" TV so I settled on a Klipsch RSB-6 bar & sub. I'm still fooling around with it but I do like it overall & it fits my needs & budget. The one problem I have is that when I'm watching a movie coming into the TV off the Satellite system, the soundbar will go silent for maybe a second, & then come back on. When it comes back on it can go for 5-10 minutes or longer, but at some point it will go off again for about a second. The cycle of On-Off will keep repeating itself. It happens on every channel. On some channels it's more frequent than on others.

If I am watching a movie from the DVD player, I have no sound loss at all & it works great. I'm not sure what causes the short sound loss when I'm on the Satellite system. I've submitted a "ticket" for assistance with my question to Klipsch & I am waiting for a reply.

Interesting however, I see on a Google search, there are a lot of people with the same complaint as I have & with other brands of soundbars. A lot of people are complaining about there Samsung soundbars doing the same thing. Does anyone know what causes this problem. It appears to be present in a lot of brands & setups. For me, It's not too bad, but it is annoying especially when cars are crashing with Jason Bourn behind the wheel.
    Drifterbike likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    It might be your satellite HDMI out. I don't have a sound bar, but rather a 5.2 surround driven by a big Pioneer Elite receiver. I've had a couple of times where this was happening. It's sorted itself out now, and I don't know why it was happening.

If you can use old school RCA's instead of the HDMI, that may be a way to test if it's the HDMI that's the issue.

-J.
    Maddog, tj1 and Drifterbike like this.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jer For This Useful Post:

Maddog(02-22-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Is there any correlation between when the sound drops and what's happening on screen? A common scenario with broadcast programming is that the audio encoding on a show is different than a commercial. When the programming transitions between the two, the audio system may have to "change" to accommodate the new encoding of audio content.

If it's happening mid-show, that's a problem.

How is your soundbar connected? TOSLINK or HDMI? If HDMI, is it using ARC? ARC is known to be problematic and you could try an reasonably inexpensive ($15-ish) TOSLINK cable instead to see if helps.

My setup is 5.1 with a Pioneer Elite receiver. I have my DirecTV box connected direct to the receiver and everything else connected to the TV. When watching DirecTV programming, the receiver decodes everything directly. When I switch inputs, it detects the audio being received over a TOSLINK cable from the TV and switches automatically.

It works out well for me to be connected like that because my receiver is "hidden" in a closet and there is no on screen display.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Thanks
    I have a yamaha sound bar connected to the TV via optic cable and the satellite box connected to the TV via RCA. No issues here with sound outages. The picture will sometimes be dark for about 5 seconds when switching channels but the sound is always there right away.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,914 Posts
    I have not had any luck with sound bars, with two anyway.
    Surround sound with amp or nothing.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist1 View Post
    I have a yamaha sound bar connected to the TV via optic cable and the satellite box connected to the TV via RCA. No issues here with sound outages. The picture will sometimes be dark for about 5 seconds when switching channels but the sound is always there right away.
    You aren't getting more enhanced audio encoding with RCA connectors on the Sat box - it's pure stereo and nothing more. That's maybe why your audio is quicker than the video in channel switching situations.

BTW... five seconds with no video is LONG time.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I have not had any luck with sound bars, with two anyway.
    Surround sound with amp or nothing.
    I bought a basic one from LG about four years ago or so. Just a stereo bar with a sub. It actually worked quite well.

When the TV died and I replaced it with a much nicer one, I wanted to step up the audio as well. I tried a Samsung that supported wireless rear speakers for full surround, and it was absolutely awful. I dug out the old Pioneer Elite SC-27 and set up the full home audio again and even bought a quality subwoofer for the first time in my life.
    Gizmo2 and Titleist1 like this.
    ---

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    You aren't getting more enhanced audio encoding with RCA connectors on the Sat box - it's pure stereo and nothing more. That's maybe why your audio is quicker than the video in channel switching situations.

BTW... five seconds with no video is LONG time.
    True dat....it was mentioned earlier to test with the RCA jacks I was only hoping to contribute a little to that side of the equation. RCA's outputs are all our satellite box has on it....it is OLD.....i think it it the version just after the hand crank model!

well....5 seconds seems like forever when you switch to a sport event and the announcers are going crazy over something and ya got no picture!! Other than that, its no big deal and they show replays anyway so you never really miss anything. It's weird it doesn't happen very often, maybe two or three times a week, no weather or time of day consistencies.
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

The EPA just loves me.

12. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    I bought a basic one from LG about four years ago or so. Just a stereo bar with a sub. It actually worked quite well.

When the TV died and I replaced it with a much nicer one, I wanted to step up the audio as well. I tried a Samsung that supported wireless rear speakers for full surround, and it was absolutely awful. I dug out the old Pioneer Elite SC-27 and set up the full home audio again and even bought a quality subwoofer for the first time in my life.
    We have a full Sony surround system connected to our big TV in the living room/play room/exercise room. I think we were spoiled.
    tj1 and Titleist1 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    We have a full Sony surround system connected to our big TV in the living room/play room/exercise room. I think we were spoiled.
    You maybe......the wife not so much!!
    Gizmo2 and tj1 like this.
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

The EPA just loves me.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast