Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Email App forAndroid smart phone

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks

Email App forAndroid smart phone

For those with Android smart phones, what app are you using with your phone?
    I have had my smart phone for about a year. I have 7 email accounts, but only used the Gmail account on the phone.
    I am getting more comfortable with the phone. I made my first online purchase with the phone last week while I was on a job site.
    I am now wanting to get access to all of the email accounts on the phone, but I am unsure of the email app to use.

Another question is on my desk top & notebook computers. I have been using Thunderbird for all of my email accounts. I have been notified that 3 of my email accounts will no longer work with Thunderbird after March 31 because of security issues. This is one of the things that has led me to setting up the accounts on my phone.

I used Microsoft Outlook for several years, but after having many problems with it I went to Thunderbird.
    I have been using Thunderbird trouble free for several years. I never had any issues of moving all of my email from one computer to another, when getting a new computer.
    My email providers want to use a web browser to access the email from their sites.

My question is, with Thunderbird, all of the emails were automatically downloaded to my computer. I am not sure how to download email from web based emails to my computer.
    How do I do this? I do not need to download them all, just the important ones.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Yahoo has gone the same way with not allowing 3rd party programs to access mail. They have their own app which I have downloaded but haven't had an issue with the iPhone mail app "yet"

I know that Gmail also has their own mail app which works nicely. I can't comment on what apps there are for andriod as I am not on that platform. Without having a specific app for each email provider, you might have an issue finding one that will handle them all at once.
    pcabe5 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    You can use your gmail app for multiple accounts. You just set them up then select which one from the menu so you can flip through fairly easy.
    Last edited by pcabe5; 02-22-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    DeereNC likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    "I have 7 email accounts...."

WHA !!??!!?!?? I think this deserves an explanation....
    pcabe5 likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Thanks
    I use Aquamail and am happy with it for multiple accounts, Gmail, yahoo, and outlook. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...AquaMail&hl=en
    pcabe5 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    I use K9 mail, works ok with my 3 email accounts, one of them being Yahoo, one being an Office365 account.
    pcabe5 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wsafley View Post
    I use K9 mail, works ok with my 3 email accounts, one of them being Yahoo, one being an Office365 account.
    I've used K9 as well on the Android devices I've had. Some of the setup is a little clunky, but it's very reliable and quite flexible.

I use a Mac, so all of my mail would be handled by the Mac Mail application that's part of the OS. I do have my accounts configured in there, but tend to just use the web browser access to Gmail instead. I use Outlook for my work mail, but have NEVER found it to be a good program for personal mail.

Have your mail providers explicitly stated they will no longer -allow- Thunderbird, or support Thunderbird? There is a difference.

Also, is it a particular version, or is it all versions?

You said they want you to use a web browser - why? Are they actually turning off SMTP, POP, and IMAP access to your mailbox altogether? I basically moved all of my personal mailboxes to Gmail years ago and have stuck with it. I do have one old email account with a regional ISP that basically never even check because it's nothing but SPAM.

Why are you looking to download mail messages to your computer? That's generally only useful if you need to read the messages while you're not connected to the Internet.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    "I have 7 email accounts...."

WHA !!??!!?!??
    I think this deserves an explanation....
    That was my thought also. I have hard enough time keeping up with 1.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 03:03 AM
    Thanks
    you can add all those accounts to GMail and have it all in one place......I've got an app published in the Google Play Store.......

from the mothership google herself.....

Import Email Accounts Into Gmail
    Open Google Mail, click the wheel icon in top right and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
    In your Gmail settings, go to the Accounts and Import tab.
    Under the header Check mail using POP3 click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
    Fill in your email address and click Next Step.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    1025R with MMM and FEL and an LX186

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Something to consider here as well...

Log in to a Gmail account with a web browser. On the upper right corner of the page is a Gear icon. Click that and choose Settings. In the resulting page click Accounts and Import. Cilck "Add a mail account" on the right of the "fourth row". Add credential and server information for your other accounts so that your Gmail account can poll and import mail from those mailboxes into Gmail. Be sure that those accounts show up as options to "Send mail as", and then be certain that "Reply using the same address..." is selected.

This will allow you to use the native Gmail application on your Android device while still supporting all of those other mailboxes and non-Gmail addresses.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast