• 2 Post By SHNOOL

Thread: Iphone

1. Top | #1
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Iphone

Anyone go from Android to the IPhone? If so, what are your impressions of each?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have 2 i-phones and 2 androids in the house. I like the way the I-phones are built, but I dislike how they operate. My wife on the other hand has only ever used Apple phones and loves them. I mean this in no disrespect, but I see that women seem to like or get used to the I-phone more than men.

Both have a lot of apps. Some are free on apple and pay on android and visa versa.

Brian

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    pcabe5:

I went from a POS to an iPhone 4S. I have had it for two weeks and the jury is still out. It is good that I know how to make a call, just so I can call my personal helpdesk (my daughter) with questions. It is past the 14 days to return it so I guess I will learn to like it or at least learn to use it.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I went from a Droid X to an iPhone a couple of years ago. It takes getting used to, especially navigating everything with only one button. Overall, I'm happy I switched. Even upgraded from the iPhone 4 to a 5 a few months back.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    I have an iPhone 4S and my wife has a Galaxy 2s. I have loves my iPhone from the day I brought it home I can not say the same about my wife and her droid. As a user of Apple by way of Linux you would think that I would get the droid OS but it is way over my head. I hope my wife would get rid of the droid so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-01-2015 @ 08:16 AM
    Thanks
    I support smart phones for our company.. and I also have had smart phones for almost 10 years.

We have a decent mix of iPhones, and Androids in our mix.
    I've personally owned an iPhone 4S and also 3 android phones, and 3 windows phones (before windows 8 phone).

We have a couple of die-hard apple fan-boys (they had iPhone 5s with 64Gig, that's a $900 phone) that JUST jumped ship to Android (samsung galaxy S4s, the hottest selling smartphone right now), so far they are excited with the quality of the devices (might explain WHY it's the hottest selling phone).

We've had problems with every phone, but the iphone 4S we've had MORE issues with than any of them. Quality seems higher in the iPhone 4, than the 4S and 5 (this is just our experience and a personal bios).

The users that complain about the complexity of Android, generally only ever used Gingerbread (the older OS).. the newest OS is quite stable, and snappy, as well as easy to use (that is since Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1, which is nearly all the newer android phones).

The REAL power in ANY of these smart phones requires you giving up a decent amount of privacy to allow a "CLOUD" to handle your device data. That Cloud could be a corporate network (as we do), or Google, Microsoft, or Apple. This allows the device to be real-time backed up, and managed. I am not implying anything unscrupulous, just noting it.

My users tell me once they use Android (4.x), they don't want to go to iDevices. Those who use iDevices now, think nothing else can beat them. It seems to be a set of blinders or, a thought process that "this is what I want, and it works, why should I try something else." kind of thing. I LIKED my iphone, honestly.. and thought I'd buy another.. then I used the Droid Razr MAXX (the original).. .it was stable, and battery life was good, and I just recently broke it (last week, my fault I sat on it and cracked it against something sharp, cracked the screen)... It was still more modern, and more powerful, as well as better battery life than the iPhones, and it was 2 years old!

For the record (and this should be said)... Windows Mobile 8 has gotten NOTHING but RAVE reviews as an easy to use phone, that functions well, is snappy, and generally is the smoothest OS out there... the smaller application list usually turns MOST people off.. but everyone who has used one, loves the interface. I can't pull the trigger on one myself (there are 2 apps I LIVE for, that aren't available yet for the Windows phone, otherwise I'd jump ship).. So DON'T count out a Windows phone, if you use Windows 8 or MIGHT use Windows 8 soon, this goes double for a person who has never had a smart phone at all. Nokia makes most of the Windows 8 phones, and has a superior track record for making bulletproof phones.

Just my $0.02, and what I state above is PERSONAL experience, albeit practical experience. So take it for what you paid for it.
    Gizmo2 and bigbear like this.
    Deere 3005 with 300 loader, 7 foot Back Blade, and #7 Backhoe. Someone asked me to go green, so this is what I came up with.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHNOOL For This Useful Post:

andy b. (09-03-2013), pcabe5 (09-03-2013)

10. Top | #7
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have 2 i-phones and 2 androids in the house. I like the way the I-phones are built, but I dislike how they operate. My wife on the other hand has only ever used Apple phones and loves them. I mean this in no disrespect, but I see that women seem to like or get used to the I-phone more than men.

Both have a lot of apps. Some are free on apple and pay on android and visa versa.
    Thanks. I have honestly never owned or used an Apple product but looking to upgrade and I'd like to be able to get around the software.

Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    pcabe5:

I went from a POS to an iPhone 4S. I have had it for two weeks and the jury is still out. It is good that I know how to make a call, just so I can call my personal helpdesk (my daughter) with questions. It is past the 14 days to return it so I guess I will learn to like it or at least learn to use it.

Don
    You forgot how to answer a call :D.

Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I went from a Droid X to an iPhone a couple of years ago. It takes getting used to, especially navigating everything with only one button. Overall, I'm happy I switched. Even upgraded from the iPhone 4 to a 5 a few months back.
    Navigating with one button? That take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4S and my wife has a Galaxy 2s. I have loves my iPhone from the day I brought it home I can not say the same about my wife and her droid. As a user of Apple by way of Linux you would think that I would get the droid OS but it is way over my head. I hope my wife would get rid of the droid so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
    That's too funny. I can say that droids came a long way when 4.0 hit the streets.

11. Top | #8
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHNOOL View Post
    I support smart phones for our company.. and I also have had smart phones for almost 10 years.

We have a decent mix of iPhones, and Androids in our mix.
    I've personally owned an iPhone 4S and also 3 android phones, and 3 windows phones (before windows 8 phone).

We have a couple of die-hard apple fan-boys (they had iPhone 5s with 64Gig, that's a $900 phone) that JUST jumped ship to Android (samsung galaxy S4s, the hottest selling smartphone right now), so far they are excited with the quality of the devices (might explain WHY it's the hottest selling phone).

We've had problems with every phone, but the iphone 4S we've had MORE issues with than any of them. Quality seems higher in the iPhone 4, than the 4S and 5 (this is just our experience and a personal bios).

The users that complain about the complexity of Android, generally only ever used Gingerbread (the older OS).. the newest OS is quite stable, and snappy, as well as easy to use (that is since Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1, which is nearly all the newer android phones).

The REAL power in ANY of these smart phones requires you giving up a decent amount of privacy to allow a "CLOUD" to handle your device data. That Cloud could be a corporate network (as we do), or Google, Microsoft, or Apple. This allows the device to be real-time backed up, and managed. I am not implying anything unscrupulous, just noting it.

My users tell me once they use Android (4.x), they don't want to go to iDevices. Those who use iDevices now, think nothing else can beat them. It seems to be a set of blinders or, a thought process that "this is what I want, and it works, why should I try something else." kind of thing. I LIKED my iphone, honestly.. and thought I'd buy another.. then I used the Droid Razr MAXX (the original).. .it was stable, and battery life was good, and I just recently broke it (last week, my fault I sat on it and cracked it against something sharp, cracked the screen)... It was still more modern, and more powerful, as well as better battery life than the iPhones, and it was 2 years old!

For the record (and this should be said)... Windows Mobile 8 has gotten NOTHING but RAVE reviews as an easy to use phone, that functions well, is snappy, and generally is the smoothest OS out there... the smaller application list usually turns MOST people off.. but everyone who has used one, loves the interface. I can't pull the trigger on one myself (there are 2 apps I LIVE for, that aren't available yet for the Windows phone, otherwise I'd jump ship).. So DON'T count out a Windows phone, if you use Windows 8 or MIGHT use Windows 8 soon, this goes double for a person who has never had a smart phone at all. Nokia makes most of the Windows 8 phones, and has a superior track record for making bulletproof phones.

Just my $0.02, and what I state above is PERSONAL experience, albeit practical experience. So take it for what you paid for it.
    I feel like I should be paying for that review.:thumbup: You have my curiosity up on the Nokia Windows 8 and I may see if I can play with one.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements