Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blakeh

Thread: 2005 John Deere 317 Skid Steer Low oil pressure light

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-28-2014 @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks

2005 John Deere 317 Skid Steer Low oil pressure light

I just purchased a used 2005 JD 317 Skid Steer. I think I am having an issue with the engine low oil pressure light. I'm not sure exactly how the instrument cluster lights are supposed to work, so not sure if this is an issue.
    I had read in an online manual (for 2009 317 and 320) that when you turn the key to run (not start) that the engine low oil pressure light should illuminate. Mine does not. This is what mine does.... When i sit on the seat all the lights on the instrument cluster illuminate for a few seconds then go out except seat indicator, seat belt indicator, hydraulics off indicator, and parking brake indicator. When i turn key to run these four lights stay on along with the glow plug indicator. Seat and seat belt indicator go off when i buckle. Glow plug light goes out then i start it. (as soon as it starts the glow plug light comes on again for about 20 seconds then goes off - another issue i believe, however not as concerning to me as the low engine oil pressure light not coming on). I tested the light(low oil pressure) function by grounding the wire to the frame. When the key is in the run position nothing happens. When the skid steer is started the low oil pressure light comes on along with the STOP indicator light and the machine shuts down.(exactly how it is supposed to.) I did replace the engine oil pressure sensor however i believe there is / was nothing wrong with the sensor. So why does the engine low oil pressure light not come on when the key is in the run position before the machine is started? Everything else seems to work as it should. The other lights on the instrument cluster seem to work as they should. The battery light came on when the battery was low. The hydraulic oil filter restriction light came on momentarily.... I changed the filter and it hasn't come on again. So i believe everything else is working as it should. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    01-09-2015 @ 10:10 AM
    Thanks

john deere skid 325

Quote Originally Posted by rwlind View Post
    I just purchased a used 2005 JD 317 Skid Steer. I think I am having an issue with the engine low oil pressure light. I'm not sure exactly how the instrument cluster lights are supposed to work, so not sure if this is an issue.
    I had read in an online manual (for 2009 317 and 320) that when you turn the key to run (not start) that the engine low oil pressure light should illuminate. Mine does not. This is what mine does.... When i sit on the seat all the lights on the instrument cluster illuminate for a few seconds then go out except seat indicator, seat belt indicator, hydraulics off indicator, and parking brake indicator. When i turn key to run these four lights stay on along with the glow plug indicator. Seat and seat belt indicator go off when i buckle. Glow plug light goes out then i start it. (as soon as it starts the glow plug light comes on again for about 20 seconds then goes off - another issue i believe, however not as concerning to me as the low engine oil pressure light not coming on). I tested the light(low oil pressure) function by grounding the wire to the frame. When the key is in the run position nothing happens. When the skid steer is started the low oil pressure light comes on along with the STOP indicator light and the machine shuts down.(exactly how it is supposed to.) I did replace the engine oil pressure sensor however i believe there is / was nothing wrong with the sensor. So why does the engine low oil pressure light not come on when the key is in the run position before the machine is started? Everything else seems to work as it should. The other lights on the instrument cluster seem to work as they should. The battery light came on when the battery was low. The hydraulic oil filter restriction light came on momentarily.... I changed the filter and it hasn't come on again. So i believe everything else is working as it should. Any insight would be appreciated.

did you ever get any help on this im having the same issue
    BigJim55 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements