I got some time off for the holidays, and I usually try to catch up on equipment maintenance. The skid loader only has about 270 hours on it, but it sat for several years without running. I figured I better start with a clean palate. I changed the engine oil and filter when I first got it in the summer, but I didn’t have any JD 0w40 at the moment. I think I put Delvac 5w40 in it.
I think I’ll change it out with JD 0w40.
The hydraulic oil is engine oil from the factory, but JD has a product called Hydrau XR, which is supposed to be a replacement for machines that were originally spec’d for engine oil.
I’m doing everything but the oil in the 2 chain cases.
It’s an easy way to spend 400 bucks
I’ll take a couple pictures, I hope to pick up the parts tomorrow and get started.