Buying backhoe for John Deere 210c loader need to know the weight for transport?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 9MMMAC
  • 1 Post By Shaggy

Thread: Buying backhoe for John Deere 210c loader need to know the weight for transport?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks

Buying backhoe for John Deere 210c loader need to know the weight for transport?

Hi Folks,
    I put the question in the title to save you some wasted time clicking on a link that says deere 210c and no other info. Not sure why people do that but anyhow!
    I have purchased a backhoe attachment that was removed from a 310c and plan to rent a trailer to pull it home. The info i can find only tells me the weight of the machine at 10,060 lbs but no specifics on just the backhoe attachment. Any logical guesses would be better than mine! LOL!

My plan is to use a double axle flat bed trailer that is 12' long. It is rated conservatively at just under 3000 lbs load weight. Do you think that will leave me stranded on rt 90? I have 4 ratchet straps rated at 3500 lbs each and a chain for one end.

Thank you
    Mike

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaggy For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-06-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    13' backhoe?

I'm gonna guess 4K. Most dual axle trailers are 3500# per axle. How are you gonna get that beast on and off the trailer? Crane? Are all your transport pins in place? If not, I'd get or make them. Watch the decking, too. That's gonna be all the load on just a few boards.

I'd crib it in with 2x4's as much as I can side to side and front to back, then place and tension the straps. I'd also feel a lot better with a couple of straps across side to side to prevent any vertical bouncing.

Lastly tension the chain at the rear to prevent any forward movement in case somebody brake checks you.

Can you get nameplate data for an individual item ID number?
    theduke likes this.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9MMMAC For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-06-2019), Shaggy (07-02-2019)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I put the question in the title to save you some wasted time clicking on a link that says deere 210c and no other info. Not sure why people do that but anyhow!
    I have purchased a backhoe attachment that was removed from a 310c and plan to rent a trailer to pull it home. The info i can find only tells me the weight of the machine at 10,060 lbs but no specifics on just the backhoe attachment. Any logical guesses would be better than mine! LOL!

My plan is to use a double axle flat bed trailer that is 12' long. It is rated conservatively at just under 3000 lbs load weight. Do you think that will leave me stranded on rt 90? I have 4 ratchet straps rated at 3500 lbs each and a chain for one end.

Thank you
    Mike
    Mike,

Just a curiosity question but are you sure a 310C backhoe is going to fit on your 210C? I was under the impression the 310C is a larger frame unit and the 201C was a standalone as far as the removable backhoe is concerned. I hope that's not the case.

210C BH Specs:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 4.01.50 PM.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	689782

310 BH Specs:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 4.06.47 PM.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	689786

Good luck!
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superglidesport For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (06-06-2019), Shaggy (07-02-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks

Made it home

Thank you both for the input.

I believe the weight to be right around 4000 lb. My loader would not quite lift it so I (my wife) had to drive the trailer out from under it to get it out. Then it lifted the rear wheels off the ground on the loader trying to keep it up. That was a little scary! Thank you again, I chained it to the rear and used the straps to make the load stable. .Slow but steady ride home!

The physical connections are a match from the 210C to the 310C Mating the Hydraulics is another story. It just looks like the Power Beyond loop on my 210c that is designed for a backhoe attachment is a much smaller line compared to the input line feeding the Stabilizer and backhoe control valve from the 310c. Still trying to research that, the part numbers are available but information on what that item is? rather sketchy!
    Kennyd likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements