401C loader tractor hydraulic fluid change

Thread: 401C loader tractor hydraulic fluid change

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks

401C loader tractor hydraulic fluid change

This 401c is new to me. Had it a few months. So I blew a hose going to the power steering. I had one made and put it on. Now to top off the fluid. I researched what to buy. Found out it needs the Hy-Gaurd. Former owner told me just dumped in the cheapest hydraulic oil he could find at the farm store. I want to dump it and fill it with Hy-gaurd. The manual has instructions for changing the filter and topping off the oil, but not where the plug is to dump it. Where is the plug to drain the resivoir?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Thanks
    Trans drain plugs are key 19. Parts description states there's 2 drain plugs. While you have oil drained will be an excellent time to check/clean sump screen(key 22 & 31 )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG   Capture.PNG  
    Last edited by Tx Jim; 07-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks!! I got the new hose on and topped it off with some trans-hydraulic fluid I got at Fleet Farm that says is made specifically for John Deere tractors. It's Farm Rated brand. The forward and reverse works better and the cylinders don't sweep out. But it chatters a lot. It's supposed to be a JD303 equivelant I think the bucket says. I think I'm going to dump this stuff and put in something else. Like you said, I have to clean the filters anyway.

Is there a good trans-hydraulic oil I can readily get at the farm store that will work well?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements