• 1 Post By Gcfisher75
  • 2 Post By JD322

Thread: wheel weights for a 110tlb

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-27-2015 @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks

wheel weights for a 110tlb

I found a set of 4 wheel weights casting # 19293t that I believe will fit the 16" bolt spacing on my wheels for my 110, how are these normally attached? Looks like carriage bolts through the wheel but does one long bolt go through both weights? Or a shorter one through one weight and then bilt the next weight to the weight bolted to the wheel? There is also 2 sets of holes that will work for the 16" spacing, closed slotted and open slotted, and input would be appreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-04-2019 @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    On my Dad's 5093E the first weight bolts to the rim and the second weight bolts to the first. I believe it is the same way on my 4044R. We both have 16" centers diagonally or 11 5/16" hole to hole.

I have bought the 5/8" x 5" carriage bolts to hang the new wheel weights, but I haven't got to put them on yet. Busy adding hydraulics and needed to pull the rear wheel to access. Hopefully one night this week or this weekend... Bolt on 110#'ers aren't an easy one man job.

That was a good deal right down the street from you in Mercer... I just bought new aftermarket weights and those popped up about 2 weeks later for the same price...

pic from the web

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	576635.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	82442
    JKR likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-27-2015 @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks
    I ended up getting all 4 for $400, good eye on the craigslist ad..;-)
    JKR likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-04-2019 @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Just an update if you haven't mounted up your weights yet...

I ended up making two modifications to aid in installation.

First was I swapped out the first set of carriage bolts that go through the rim to 3 1/2" long. That length worked perfect and gave me a full nut of threads when the lock washers compressed. then on the second set I used 5" long bolts, these could have been shortened up to 4 1/2" but they tail of the bolt isn't obtrusive.

Second mod was to take a die grinder and make a set of 8 washers with a square internal hole. (you're thinking this guy isn't right... I know...) I fed the 3 1/2" bolts through the rim, slipped the square washer on then a nut and tightened them down. The square holed washer took up the remainder of the carriage bolt shank allowing the nut to tighten and the bolt to be rigid. Then simply slid the first weight on the "studs" and snugged them in place making it a one man job... very easy.

The second weight would hold itself in position on the cone of the first weight with my knee propped up under it until the next set of carriage bolts were dropped in the slots of the first weight and fed through. An old rug laying on the rim and a piece of 2x4 as a pry bar helped to center the second weight as it was tightened up...

I wish I'd have taken pictures, but both hands were kind of tied up...
    Zebrafive and nebo like this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements